Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 06:55

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Wink I need LC strength sharing today....

Today we are having 2 of my childrens b-day parties. I did great yesterday, made the cake, which Im not going to go into details about because its good and I dont want to think about it too much. I need some Low Carb strength sharing to happen today.. Send me some vibes (LOL). Last month for my sons b-day I ended up eating a pc of cake 3 days in a row ! That can not happen again, I am finally breaking my stall (3 months long , some my fault, some not). If I give in, I know I will kick myself.....Im trying to remember how little time it would taste good, compared to all the time Ive been eating right and exercising. So..... thanks in advance for any vibes . (PS. Ive upped my calories and fat, and carbs (25-30 now) to see if that would help break my stall and this morning, the scale finally moved. But Im trying not to get too excited, as I know it could move right back again. But thats okay too, Im on this for life!)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 07:23
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

You said it yourself, your finally starting to see the scale move again, so that should be a motivator. Is eating that cake more important to you then reaching goal?

Remember, a moment on the lips, a life time on the hips.

YOU CAN DO IT, just say NO! I'm cheering for ya, I know you can be strong.

#3   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 07:30
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

And nothing tastes as good as thin feels.... Next cliche, anyone?

You can do it!!!!!

<sending vibes your way!>

D-
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 07:31

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Thumbs up You CAN Do It!!!

You're halfway to your goal, don't quit now!! Ok, so you've had a few mishaps in the past, that's not what is important. What's important is today and how you do right now. I don't worry about what I did yesterday or last week, all that does it let the guilt eat at you for being a "bad person". Just forget that and remember that you are in control of today and what happens right now. You will make the right choice and keep your hands off the cake. Bring along some LC snacks of your own so you don't feel so deprived. Make a tasty LC treat that you can have. The point is that this WOE has worked for you, you've lost weight doing it so you know it works, why sabatoge that? Keep your body healthy and stay away from the stuff that isn't healthy. I KNOW you can do it... You've had the willpower to lose 20 lbs, you can hold out for the last 20. I have a Rosie the Rivetor tattoo on my right shoulder and every time I need some inspiration I look at it and say "I CAN DO IT." Sounds kooky I know, but it works for me! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

~ Cori ~
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 09:53

BF:

Thanks yall! I am eating some cream cheese, with butter, splenda, and almond extract as we type. This is my pre-party treat so that I can and WILL resist. Thanks for the support!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 11:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/157/140 Female 55
BF:
Progress: 62%

A moving scale is so much more yummy then a peice of cake!!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 12:06

Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I agree with everyone else. Just think though, if you give in and eat it, it only tastes good for what, five minutes? After that you have days and days of guilt. Is it worth it?
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 13:24
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

August could very well find you celebrating goal weight in that cute little outfit you've been dreaming about . . . if you stick to plan!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 14:19

BF:

okay, I wasnt perfect, but Im okay, I only had 2 bites of cake, no ice cream and I ate it right after my meal which had hardly any carbs at all. And the funny part, I truly didnt enjoy it that much. Well, another lesson. And thank goodness, no more birthdays until mine in Sept. and I will have a lc cake !
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 14:29
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good job!

Funny how the reality is rarely as wonderful as the fantasy, isn't it?