Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 06:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/163.1/135 Female 5'2"
BF:don't know
Progress: 3%

Good morning all!

Well Logan as I said before the quick little loss will come to a screaching hault! It did. I'm up to 149.5 this morning. I believe (hope) that it was caused by my horribly hectic day yesterday. I did not get nearly enough H20 in.

My daughter is graduating 8th grade tonight and we had a dress and all the trimmings picked out and ready to go when yesterday morning I find out that all the girls dress like it is freaking prom! So our little cute casual dress had to go in the closet and I had to run like a chicken with my head cut off to search out a proper dress. This took me from 10:30 am yesterday until 8:30 last night. So.. some $200 and some dollars later... and I still have a few things to get done for her such as hair and oh yeah.. all the girls are getting their nails done! I have NEVER heard of such a thing for 8th grade graduation. Maybe I'm stuck in another time and place or something.
I would have stuck to my guns and not have worried about it, but 14 is such an age where you don't want them to feel out of place, so I caved. That said I have a very very busy day today!

I still did good carb wise..19 carbs and 1,500 calories. (I know you are not supposed to watch cals, but I can't help it.) I ate dinner way way too late also... 9:30 ish.

exercise- well that would be running around the malls, I did walk the excalaters also. lol

Welcome cassinog!

I guess I should get going and take on the day! THE RAINY DAY! now the struggle to keep the daughter's hair and dress dry tonight UGH!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 18:42

Plan: atkins (kinda)
Stats: 196.6/188.1/150 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

morning excarb

perhaps we should have called this the *lets put on weight* challenge...hehe - at least we would have been successful!

sounds like you've been busy, busy, busy...fancy school kids of 14 having such formal graduations. consumerism gone mad.

the scales didn't move for me this morning but since i was expecting more fallout from the day before i'm very pleased with that. as much as i loathe excercise i did a heap of walking yesterday, into town and home again. this morning i got up and walked my little one to his dads (he is usually picked up), then later i did half of my daughters pamphlet run which was another hours walking, and i'm a brisk walker so i hope it pays off. i think possibly the only way for me to lose more weight is to start getting off my chuff. also got a decent amount of sleep again last nite, so hoping that will help too.

finally i measured around my abdomen this morning, it's been a couple of months since i've done that but was happy to see that down to 107 cms from 112 cms. i think i've mentioned it's the only part of me with fat...the rest of me is as scrawny as any stick person. so anyway i'm hoping that while i'm not losing weight, possibly my fat is re-distributing itself and i'm losing fat from my belly. will keep tabs on that one.

have a good day

Logan ~
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 07:12

Way to walk Logan!!!

I'm glad you have the guts (no pun intended ) to measure your stomach. Not me. lol It would depress me too much, but I can understand if that is all that needs to be measured. My wait (unfortunatly) is distributed evenly and then some!
Rejoice! you are down quite a few inches. good for you!

I have not lost anything the past couple of days, but have not gained either. So I'm not too worried yet. I have not eaten properly lately. I missed some meals and didn't drink enough water. I drank some chicken broth last night. I got home late and didn't want to eat too much so drank that instead. I can feel in my fingers how much salt was in it. Water, water, water!

Did everyone make it through the weekend without drinking any booze/beer/wine ?
I did not have any at all and really was not tempted to. I usually watch the Suprano's on Sunday eveninigs with a nice big glass of red wine. Maybe I will fill a big wine glass with water instead. LOL

Well we made it 7 days! Let's all give ourselves a pat on the back!

Have a great day!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 15:05

BF:

morning excarb and YES, we've done a whole week together...yay!!!

and today is two weeks without drinking for me and like you i haven't really been tempted at all. the scales also dropped this morning down to 147.8, that after finding them up to 151lbs yesterday morning!

and after yesterdays dismal scale reading i finally got onto fitday and figured out how to use the damn thing and SHOCK HORROR, my calories the day before were up over 3000...yikes! even though i'd never monitored calories before i don't think that's normal for me, i was extra hungry from all that excercise i'd also inadvertently gone over my carb max too by a few grams. so yesterday with the help of fitday i kept my carbs right down AND my calories were around 11 - 12 hundred. today i only have around 800 calories pegged for consumption. i think i'm at the stage where it's something i'm definitely going to have to monitor too.

so two weeks for me today and i've cheated twice and i'd like to do another week CHEAT FREE.

thanx for being here and reading excarb - i truely hope you see some good results soon. i'm still doing ok with water but it's so cold here i've taken to warming mine up with hot water...
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 06:45

Well kudos to you for your wonderful loss!

I love using the fitday. It really keeps me in check.... well except for this weekend, I was so busy I didn't record hardly anything. I am going back this morning and putting in all that I did.
Something is way wrong now. I got on the scale this morning and about fell off of it! 152 what??????????????? I know I didn't eat anything off of induction except that damn chicken broth. How could this be? Water? I hope that is all. I was so good. I even went to the movies with my daughter and sat there drinking water while she and her friend ate popcorn, candy and drank soda's. UGH!! This is a very depressing day for me.

I will press on and hopefully things will change again!

Have a great day!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 16:51

BF:

thanx

i remember a couple of months ago when i seriously started low carbing again i was eating all kinds thinking it being low carb i would be doing fine. my scales had packed it in back then and when i finally replaced them i was SHOCKED to find i'd put on 5 kilos (11lbs) since my last weigh. that's when i went back to induction and thankfully lost it all in a week.

but after that i pretty much was stuck around the 148lb mark and it hasn't been till working out how to use this fitday that things seem to be on the mend again. (i'm hoping it's fitday and me keeping an eye on my calorie intake and not just a fluke)

so have a look at what you're eating and try some fine-tuning of your menu. i think once we get down to our weight we need to focus more than usual on what we're eating and our calories too....bummer ahe.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 06:13

Pay day! back down to 150 I drank so much water yesterday I thought I was going to explode! It sure helped though.

I think I will turn on the air conditioning and get on my treadmill today. See if that helps me out. I have all this equipment and never use it. My Bow Flex is being used as a bridle and saddle holder. lol time to take them off and get my money's worth! ohhh how I so hate exercise!

One thing I have noticed lately is that since I have not been drinking, I'm craving coffee and cream all day! It is all I can do not to stop at the coffee place in the middle of the day to grab and iced coffee.

well time for another cup of coffee (having two today again, then maybe 1 tomorrow)

Have a great day and may the scale keep dropping in numbers!