Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 11:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/172/175 Male 70 inches
BF:30%/19%/17%
Progress: 105%
Default CBC Radio

Did anyone else here the "dietician" on CBC radio this morning dissing Atkins while repeating the standard blood ph, kidneys, heart disease mantra against it?

She also repeated the mantra that if only people would eat based on the food guide and limit portions, they would all lose a little weight. My wife watched me yell at the radio "maybe they don't because your dumb pyramid makes them hungry, you twit! ".

Sigh, and not a single question from the host asking what evidence existed. Worse, they often have both sides on, but in this case it was all negative, no one to respond.

brobin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 02:26

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 305/195/165 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi Brobin---I share your irritation re: the pseudo experts who knock low carb woe. I would have started this wonderfull wol years ago, had these misguided pontificators not discouraged me. The delay cost me a lot of unnecessary grief. I have lost over one hundred ten lbs in the last 14 months. When I think how detrimental these lbs were, in soo many ways I go red for rage. The advice these people forced on me cost me year of extra misery. I have certainly looked at both sides of the diet wars----I wish some of these uninformed experts would do the same, or better yet, wish they had to live through the adventures.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/172/175 Male 70 inches
BF:30%/19%/17%
Progress: 105%

hihi!

Well grats on your weight loss, that is excellent. I too did the low fat thing before. I lost weight, but was hungry, miserable, and gained it back easily. Now that I do low carb, I am thin, full, and miserable. (well, my wife says I am always miserable, but I feel great. )

Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to seeing your post when you hit your final goal!

brobin