Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/156/125 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I carry my 32 oz. bottle with me everywhere. I try to drink one bottle before lunch at work, and 1 after, and then another when I get home. I'm not always that good about it, but I try!

I do find that it's much easier for me to down the water if I have a straw or the bottle has a straw. Not sure why! It's kinda weird!

Emily
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 11:49

Stats: 196.8/186.6/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

I drink ice cold herbal tea all day. It's the only way I can stand water. I figure it's OK because I get the added benefits from the herbs...like peppermint is an appetite suppressant and helps with stomache problems, like GERD. It's working for me, plus I drink a ton throughout the day!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 12:15
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I don't drink plain water. I drink diet ginger-ale (it has no caffeine which I avoid). I have a 64 oz cup at work that I usually get through in my workday, and then have another 16 oz for dinner. Sometimes I mix in a little Sobe diet tropical drink to make it taste even better. It took me four months until I couldn't remember what regular sodas tasted like and I really LOVE drinking my diet ginger-ale now!! I regularly buy out the store when I go there!

Anyway, I'm on the Suzanne Somers plan and she doesn't say anything about drinking water (that I remember) so I've never gave it much thought really.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 16:14

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I drink it straight from the tap. In the summer, I'll add some ice, but about 3/4s of the year, it's cold enough for me from the tap. I don't measure it anymore, but I did when I first started. I had to force myself to drink it - I had been used to diet sodas all the time before. These days, after having my morning coffee, I fill up the glass and just stick with the water all day long... even with my meals. If I have soda now, it's a treat. Ironically, I like using my Coca Cola glass for drinking the water. It holds 20 oz. so I fill it up 3-5 times per day.

Another trick I read about somewhere is that you should fill up your glass everytime after you go to the bathroom. It's an easy way to remember.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 16:20

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I have a 1 liter water bottle that I drink out of. I drink so much though that it's still usually cold by the time I get to the bottom. Every once in awhile I'll put a squeeze of lemon juice in because I've cut out all drinks except water. I try to drink 4 to 5 liters a day.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 17:19

Stats: 296/258/136 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:Lots, definately
Progress: 24%

I have a container that measures the ounces for the day, and I drink my water VERY cold with lotsa ice cubes!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 17:20

Stats: 298.2/216.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:definately....
Progress: 55%

I have a 1 quart bottle that has a built in straw, and seals well enough to not leak (important, since I'm in and out of the car frequently during the day). I drink tap water here (some houses we've lived in, I've gotten filtered water, but here the taste is OK), always over ice. I can tolerate room temp, but much prefer very, very cold. I fill it in the morning, carry it with me, and just sip on it and re-fill it when it's empty. I always have it with me at meetings, as I find I drink a lot then. I think I drink a gallon or more most days, but have an occassional day where I have trouble getting that much -- usually when one of my kids has absconded with my bottle!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 17:39
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

I drink it at work.

I have a 1.5 liter bottle at work and I fill it at the cooler at least 2 times a day sometime 3. I used to hate water. Instead of drinking 8 cups a day I used to drink 1 cup every 8 days. The rest was soda. Such bad habits !!!

At home I try to remember to drink it also and sometimes I put lemon in it.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 18:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 324/277/150 Female 5ft 4.5in
BF:
Progress: 27%

I have a 34oz cup that I drink mine out of. I drink 34oz with breakfast. I have made a game out of making myself drink another 34oz on the way to work...I have to have it starting at 15th street, and must be gone by 61st street. I drink another 34oz with lunch. When I get home, I usually drink about 34 more oz of sf koolaid or tang.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 19:29

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

I found that if I set a schedule it's much easier to drink all my water. It's cold and I drink a gallon a day, at least. First thing in the morning on my way to work I drink my first 34oz. I have to drink the 1st container before I allow myself a cup of coffee. I have to have my coffee, so trust me, that water goes down. While driving to work, every red light, I take a couple of gulps. My second container is drank before lunc. If it's not gone, I have to drink it up before I get to eat. Then the 3rd is after lunch but before 3pm. The fourth is between 3 and 5pm. I stand there in my office some days finishing my last container. But I don't go home until I have drank 4 34oz waters. It took me a while to get use to it, but honestly, by the end of the day it's all gone. That way when I get home, I can drink what ever I want. Soda, tea, etc. and not have to feel guilty about not drinking enough water.
Maybe try setting a schedule for yourself. You will get the hang of it.

Deana
  #26   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 20:34

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I drink my water straight out of the tap. I always use the same cup to drink it with. It know it holds 24 oz, so I always have an idea of what # of ounces I'm on. I rarely drink anything but water now so that I"ll be sure I can fit atleast 72 ounces into a day.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 21:00
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Ice cold and through a straw. NOthing beats it. *g*

We do have lots of bottles of water to take with us when we go places, but we bought about 8 "mason jar" glasses from the dollar general, and I fill those up with water and ice and have one with me all the times.

I think ice water through a straw is the best thing ever. I don't much care for room temp water... I think it tastes better cold.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 21:18
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

I love water. I will drink it hot or cold, lukewarm or cool. Unembellished. Out of whatever is handy. I don't drink anything else any more except herbal tea once in awhile. I don't measure but believe I normally will drink between 12 and 20 cups a day.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 21:18

Plan: Diabetic Food Pyramid
Stats: 269/224.4/130 Female 61 inches=  5 ft. 1 in.
BF:SCARY!!!!!!
Progress: 32%
Thumbs up

Wow guys!!! Thanks everyone for your replies- LOTS of good ideas!!! Definately a wide range of how you all chug it down, and different amounts too. Well, hopefully soon, I'll learn to love it, and it won't be such a chore. Thanks again!!! Heather