Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 20:17
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalker
i just started doing about 30-40min of cardio a day, and have noticed that im having a hard time keeping my weight where its at, its very hard to keep from gaining.. plus my stomach has been getting much bigger.. i dont know whats wrong and i dont know whether i should keep up the exercise or not. My stomach poking out more and more and looks awful.. it seems like the harder i exercise the bigger it gets?

SWITCH TO RESISTANCE TRAINING!

I'm serious.

Cardio can elevate cortisol levels, which makes you hang on to BELLY fat.

Restistance training causes an elevated metabolic rate for the rest of the day, and also builds more muscle, which also raises metabolic rate.

I started lifting about a month after I did induction. I was also running at the time, but I have gradually cut WAY back on my cardio because I learned that it was actually interfering with my fat loss.

I know the amount of cardio necessary to do this varies tremendously from one person to the next, but for me, the more cardio I did, the hungrier I got AND the fatter I got.

When I started lifting, I broke my stall and kept it going. Muscle DOES weigh more than fat, but it takes a LOT longer to put on muscle than it does to drop fat. If you gain weight when you start doing exercise and you're still fat when you start, TRUST me, it's not muscle.

And I find it a LOT easier on my body than trying to do an hour of cardio every day. I lift 3-4 days a week for an hour at a time, and throw in some recreational cardio as the weather permits.

That's it.

Try to keep your fats higher if you find you're gaining weight - your ratios might be a little off, and this usually fixes it, for me anyway. Helps keep the appetite from building up.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 20:26

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
SWITCH TO RESISTANCE TRAINING!

I'm serious.

Cardio can elevate cortisol levels, which makes you hang on to BELLY fat.

Restistance training causes an elevated metabolic rate for the rest of the day, and also builds more muscle, which also raises metabolic rate.

I started lifting about a month after I did induction. I was also running at the time, but I have gradually cut WAY back on my cardio because I learned that it was actually interfering with my fat loss.

I know the amount of cardio necessary to do this varies tremendously from one person to the next, but for me, the more cardio I did, the hungrier I got AND the fatter I got.

When I started lifting, I broke my stall and kept it going. Muscle DOES weigh more than fat, but it takes a LOT longer to put on muscle than it does to drop fat. If you gain weight when you start doing exercise and you're still fat when you start, TRUST me, it's not muscle.

And I find it a LOT easier on my body than trying to do an hour of cardio every day. I lift 3-4 days a week for an hour at a time, and throw in some recreational cardio as the weather permits.

That's it.

Try to keep your fats higher if you find you're gaining weight - your ratios might be a little off, and this usually fixes it, for me anyway. Helps keep the appetite from building up.

thanks man.. guess its time for a gym membership
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 20:47
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalker
thanks man.. guess its time for a gym membership

You're welcome!