Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 16:44
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 120/108/97 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 52%

I haven't tried the Ketostix but i have heard that it's a good tool to use when trying to find out if one is going through Ketosis. I would really like to trt them but don't know where to buy them, any idea where i can get them?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 17:17
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 120/108/97 Female 4'11
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking Broke my diet =(

Guys i'm ashamed to say that today I have made the biggest mistake since i started this diet, I went on a Carb and Sugar Eating Rampage and ate as much fruits, bread, milk, and all those delicious carbs food i had been avoiding for a month! I wish I hadn't done that Now I gotta start all over again tomorrow and that's really dumb of me. I started in the morning when i had a bite of a fruit(has sugar...really bad!) and then went on and on through out the day eating as many carbs(Pizza, cake, ice cream yummy!) and sugars(candies ) i could get my hands on. I don't know how some of you can hold your cravings for as long as you do, takes a hell lot of willpower to do that and i don't think i have that kind of willpower All this month my diet was based mostly on FATS like 80% and little PROTEINS LIKE 20% so it didn't helped me much cos neither I gained or lost any weight. But now i know that since i have so little to lose (about 15pounds) my body has slowed down the fat-burning process and i'm gonna have to do the job myself by exercising and working out. Yep! Since there's so little to get rid of the only choice i've got is to burn down all those calories myself I don't think i'm ever gonna hit KETOSIS, not that i woulnd't like to but i don't even know if i'll ever will cos i haven't felt any of the symptons yet, although i will buy the Ketostix just in case. I also need to finish the ATKINS book cos everything i need to know is there, i'm pretty sure that most of you have read it already. Well, thanks for all your support, feel free to drop me a line here in the thread, i would tell you to write me to my journal but i haven't got one yet (don't know how to make one ) Any feedback is always welcome

P.S. This is the linkk to my FITDAY:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...wner=wnnabethin