Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 12:27

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%
Default It's okay...

I found that if I do not allow myself treats at very special occasions, which I consider Thankgiving one of them....I will again begin to think of my WOL as a diet, which is not what I want to do. I was very sure that eating stuffing this last week, was not going to make me gain any weight, I was right. And today, I am back on track to my WOE again. I also had potato dumplings one day this past weekend and 2 slices, (small ones) of pizza. The lesson I have learned it that I will get terrible heartburn for cheating, but I will not call it cheating. I personally allowed myself to eat like this, in turn, I do not feel guilty, I did not gain weight, and in fact, I think I have even lost it, which is yet to be determined by stepping on the scale. Just get back on your wagon, the Christmas holiday is around the corner and I am looking forward to some pieces of my fudge. Few things I will allow myself, but I will make those choices.
Good luck and get over the guilt. Today is a new day.
Cindy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 13:20

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

I decided to wait until today to begin induction. Unfortunately, knowing it was coming up, yesterday I chowed down on Doritos and chocolate. I had already been cutting carbs, so it was quite a shock to my system. I had acid reflux all night, and the hangover today has been unreal. I'm just now beginning to feel a bit better.

One good thing, though; it's made me really look forward to purging this junk out of my system! And, I'm not worried about falling off the wagon right now, since the thought of carbs alone makes me feel a big queasy after yesterday

Sh'ra
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 13:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/132/125
BF:
Progress: 83%

Cindy - you put into words what I was thinking. I agree completely. I have decided to make LC my lifetime WOE. That doesn't mean I can never have another carb for the rest of my life. If I want to enjoy all the trimmings of thanksgiving I don't think I should deprive myself. I'm probably going to have a few cookies for Christmas and Champagne for New Years too. Now, when I first started this WOE, giving in like I did may have been a fatal blow. So, I'm not recommending it to everyone. Its easy enough for me to hop right back on these days. Take care!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 14:17
Registered Member

Stats: 232.4/232.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Wink I think I'm a little different from you guys!!

I too ate Thanksgiving dinner. I knew I was going to do it and I really didn't care about doing it. I figured that 1 day wouldn't really hurt (Actually 1 day turned into about 3 days). I used Thanksgiving as a treat to myself. It's not hard for me to do induction. What's funny though is that I literally became sick on Friday. I was nauseous all day on Friday. I realized that my body must be used to eating correctly so it rejected the carbs I ate. In a funny way, I felt proud to be sick.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Live a little. Just get bak on the band wagon afterwards.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 16:51
Registered Member

Stats: 218/198/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Stop

Beating yourself up!! I too "cheated", and it was premeditated and with full intentions of doing so. Dont' stress..it messes with your blood sugar levels anyway. Calm yourself, regroup and get back on track.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 07:52
Registered Member

Stats: 232.4/232.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Bella63

Hey Bella63,
I noticed we started LC weighing the same amount and have the same goal. I thought that was pretty kool.

Send me a Private Message. I tried to send you one but couldn't. Maybe we could sort of...challenge each other or something.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 10:39

Plan: Atkins Diet w/ a twist
Stats: 200/177/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default its ok

It happens to everybody- relax !!! I did so well through Thanksgiving and I snapped yesterday and had chips and leftover halloween candy. I woke up today feeling a little sluggish from my "carb" overdose after 3 weeks on not having many- and I said to myself- time to button up and try a little harder to stick to the Induction !
So I started the Induction phase all over today!

Would you get fired from work for everytime you made a simple little error? Its life, it happens!!

Kassy
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 17:46
Registered Member

Stats: 218/198/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking Hey ChattKat

Cool eh?? Same start weight and same goal weight...perhaps it's karma?? LOL LOL Wishing you and all the others here the strength and determination and love of self to meet all our goals!!!