Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 20:42

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Thumbs down went a little crazy and ate way too many carbs

Well, I am feeling bad because I caved in on Thanksgiving and ate the food that wasn't low carb friendly. I dind't overeat but I jusr couldn't pass up the old favorites. I justified it by saying it is only one time and I know that was a mistake. I have continued to mess up for the past 2 days as well. UGGGGGGGG!!!! Boy when ou gewt those sugar craving back they come back with a vengance.

My weight is the same, THANK GOD!!! I am going on Induction tomorrow and am really going to try to not give in again, not even around Christmas. Even if I didn't gain weight, I am feeling sluggish and I know I am totally out of Ketosis and will have to start again. It wasn't worth it~~~~

Tomorrow is a new day!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-01, 20:50
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: went a little crazy and ate way too many carbs

Quote:
Originally posted by ladibug
My weight is the same, THANK GOD!!! I am going on Induction tomorrow and am really going to try to not give in again, not even around Christmas. Even if I didn't gain weight, I am feeling sluggish and I know I am totally out of Ketosis and will have to start again. It wasn't worth it~~~~

Tomorrow is a new day!!!!!!!!!

That's the way to do it!! We're all human, and indulgence happens Going back to induction is the way to go, and never look back!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 10:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default to ladibug

I'm from Omaha too!!!!! Always searching for local buddies. I'm just finishing induction, but am going to try too stay on for awhile longer. Made it through a movie yesterday with NO POPCORN which is a huge accomplishment for me.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 11:10
Registered Member

Plan: modified PP
Stats: 186/150/130
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Don't beat yourself up

Hi, Ladibug,
No worries--getting right back on track is the way to go.

I plan a few indulgences (Xmas will be my next one) per year where I eat whatever I want for that one special meal. That way, I don't feel deprived.

However--beware--after a planned indulgence, I have to fight off the cravings for a few days.

Hang in there.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 19:07

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%

Yeah I am having those craving today. Since going back on induction today I have been temped constantly. I know in a few days that will be over so I can live with it.

Hi Holly, Nice to meet someone from Omaha, look forward to talking to you on here, we can encourage eachother.