Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 11:35

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Starting Over & Get Going Again?

Hi!

Okay - no crying the Thanksgiving Blues for me .... I know where I went wrong and I KNEW what I did was wrong - but I did it and can only place the error on me.
My question is:

Okay --- need to start over. How do I get the right mind set and the motivation to do it over again? I am trying to push the "failure" feeling away .....

I want to get back on track -- but where do you find the motivation and how do you get going again?

Thanks,

A Thin Me
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 14:39

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

So glad to see you are still hanging in there. It's been a rough haul for you, but you are still here and willing to go at it. That takes courage, and shows that deep down inside you want this to work for you. Hurdle one was in front of you and you jumped over it, clearing it by a mile. You could have walked away and said forget it, BUT YOU DIDN"T.

This may sound odd, but have you tried thinking about LCing as a special treat you are doing just for yourself? Kind of like going to the hairdresser for a new cut, or treating yourself to a manicure or facial. It's something that you can do just for you and nobody else, something to make you feel good, something that pampers you.

If you need to feel successes along the way, set lots of goals to celebrate achieving the things that are rough going... like the first day you drink more than 64 oz of water, ...then treat yourself to something small and special, a pretty new scarf if you wear them, or earings ... little treat things that you wouldn't otherwise buy for yourself. If you can celebrate the little but very important steps along the way, instead of waiting for big things, it may help you feel like you are succeeding. Success is more a measure of how much heart you are putting into this (and you are putting plenty of that into it) and how you manage to overcome the stumbling blocks.

It doesn't matter how much you lose or how fast it comes off. Those things are the side affects of overcoming the stumbling blocks.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 14:41

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Pam, I think you just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with it. No sense feeling guilty about what is past. You know you can do this, you've only to go and reread your Journal from day one to see. This I think is a good suggestion; go back and reread your Journal for some inspiration.

Plan your next few weeks and get some grocery shopping done. Pull out your copy of DANDR and reread those chapters on Induction. Take it one meal at a time and enjoy the good food you can eat, try not to think about the foods you cannot and should not.

And of course smile
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 15:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

This might be a silly mind game, but, then, life is all silly mind games! Can you think of it as continuing instead of "starting over"?

It's slowly dawned on me that the whole concept of "starting over" -- which I do beautifully -- puts one into the "I gotta be perfect all the time" mind set. Somewhere between this, and constant slippage/cheating lies victory.

Starting with your next meal, make it a low carb meal. No drum rolls. Just a nice, juicy steak.

Good luck!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 15:59

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%
Default Encouragement-- coming right up !!

EVERYBODY is going to slip here and there. You came back here so you didn't totally screw up ! That was a fumble--- but the games still on. Today's a new day-- just take it from here.
You CAN do it and you WILL do it !!!!
Have a tall cold one to celebrate today (WATER--that is !!)
Ellie