Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 09:54

Plan: Low carb/Atkins
Stats: 230/205/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 31%

MaryTou, yeah but hubby nags me about my weight so if I put the high carb bread in the bag, (and I don't eat it) he will stall out with his rapid weight loss and possibly gain weight, therefore he will be the nagee and I will be the nagger about his weight. LOL

Candyless
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 10:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 152/145/135 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:

Be honest. Everyone makes a mistake you just read the receipt wrong.
(fingers and legs are crossed right now )

seriously, is the loaf of low carb delicious bread worth losing his trust for you? hmmmmm

chele
  #18   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 10:30

BF:

Chele,
ABSOLUTELY! hee hee. Another thought crossed my mind too. I will just buy the bread for myself and hide it in the back of the freezer and keep it all to myself.

Candyless
  #19   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 23:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 110/110/90 Female 4 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

yikes!!! iwhat u jus said i think might help me to rearrarrange my idea of marriage! u see, my hubby always questions me bout the credit card bills n spendings..n we go shopping together n he would always comment if i tried to buy any xpensive stuff even in veggies like u know asparagus which might be slightly xpensive...we have been mrrd 3 yrs n all these yrs i carry a grudge against him for this,...i used to think he shouldnt ask me money stuff right to my face! when i find u wrryin bout ans ur hubby bout a 7 dollar bread, now, i am really wrrd...maybe my thiinkin is wrong..n here i was thinkin only he is like this n was about to leave him!! hey is this kind of hubys behaviour ok? jus askin for some advise..
vnd
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 00:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I always get nervous when hubby starts to ask me about expenses--and we've been married darn year 20 years! LOL

I would tell him the real price of the bread--if he's like my hubby it would mean the difference of him eating it every day or just once every few days, and ultimately save yourselves a ton of money.

Note to self: Never again grumble about your very favorite LC bread being $4.00 a loaf!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 01:11

Plan: Currently on PSMF cycle
Stats: 198/157/150 Female 5'9"
BF:? No thank U !!
Progress: 85%

Just tell him if he really loves the bread that much, he'll have to get a part time job.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 01:14
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird
Personally IMHO I wouldn't tell him you lied. Just next time you buy it say, "I thought it was only $5 but its $7, are you sure you want me to keep buying it?"

That is what I would tell him and leave it at that.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 02:19
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnd
yikes!!! iwhat u jus said i think might help me to rearrarrange my idea of marriage! u see, my hubby always questions me bout the credit card bills n spendings..n we go shopping together n he would always comment if i tried to buy any xpensive stuff even in veggies like u know asparagus which might be slightly xpensive...we have been mrrd 3 yrs n all these yrs i carry a grudge against him for this,...i used to think he shouldnt ask me money stuff right to my face! when i find u wrryin bout ans ur hubby bout a 7 dollar bread, now, i am really wrrd...maybe my thiinkin is wrong..n here i was thinkin only he is like this n was about to leave him!! hey is this kind of hubys behaviour ok? jus askin for some advise..
vnd

IMO you need to sit down with that man and make a budget. My DH never ask me how much is that or how much did you spend. He number one knows better and 2 doesn't care as long as I'm happy.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 02:24

Stats: 256/246.4/171 Female 1.76cm/5.9
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Do you really have to...

Wow, I must be the lucky one here... DH gets his sallary directly to the bank account and then it's up to me, and only me to decide where does the money go, I give him pocket money for his monthly needs besides providing anything he needs (pc magazines, tobaco, wine, etc). He does the shopping with me, because he loves it, but I keep the budget at home. Ok, DH says he's really bad when it comes about money so better leave that stuff to me. Isn't he the best?

Of course having that absolute trust and devotion I wouldn't dare to do funny stuff with the money.

Anyway, back to the subject. My grandma always told me: las mentiras tienen patas cortas, meaning lies are shortlegged... can run but not fast enough and always get caught.

You better tell him the real price girl, he might catch this tiny, absurd lie and begin to lose his trust on you, and that's something that should never get lost in a relationship. Losing his trust in future for a loaf of bread? as good as it can be?
  #25   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 07:33

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi ... I wanted to tell you my lying story...

My roommate is a teacher here in Toronto and the board is a mess... anyway, she is stressed to the MAX!

I changed the coffee in the coffe maker to a half-caf, and I saw a huge improvement in her stress and anxiety levels. I did fess up about two months after, and she really didn't care...

Maybe you too could fess up, and he won't care, especially if it tastes good...

M
  #26   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 07:39

BF:

How stupid I've been! Why didn't I think of this sooner? I know how to make him not be concerned about the price of the low carb bread. I'll just tell him that I went grocery shopping this morning and I paid 10 bucks for a bag of pork rinds. He'll forget all about the bread thing. hee hee

Candyless
  #27   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 08:36
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyless
How stupid I've been! Why didn't I think of this sooner? I know how to make him not be concerned about the price of the low carb bread. I'll just tell him that I went grocery shopping this morning and I paid 10 bucks for a bag of pork rinds. He'll forget all about the bread thing. hee hee

Candyless

Why do that??? You will be covering up one lie with another.

If you were so worried about lying to him in the first place simply go to him with the receipt if you still have it and tell him you read the receipt wrong and the bread was 7 bucks instead of 5 and then ask him if you should continue to buy it.
Let him decide and it will be over with.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 08:59
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

[QUOTE=jbird]Personally IMHO I wouldn't tell him you lied. Just next time you buy it say, "I thought it was only $5 but its $7, are you sure you want me to keep buying it?" [QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. Don't keep on lying about it, but this would tell him the truth about the real price & let him decide.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 09:39
Registered Member

Stats: 216/207/150 Male 71
BF:16%
Progress: 14%
Wink Young Lady!!!!

My advice is this. Tell him the truth. But here is how you do it.

Approach him with a hairbrush in your hand. Tell him you were afraid of his reaction to the price so you told him 5 instead of seven. Then hand him the hairbrush and turn and bend over so he can spank yer little behind...and then don't lie anymore.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 09:41
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoGut
My advice is this. Tell him the truth. But here is how you do it.

Approach him with a hairbrush in your hand. Tell him you were afraid of his reaction to the price so you told him 5 instead of seven. Then hand him the hairbrush and turn and bend over so he can spank yer little behind...and then don't lie anymore.

And this might turn him on and he'll forgive ya.