Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 21:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/145.5/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Slim Fast Low Carb Products

Has anyone tried the Slim-Fast Low Carb products?

If so what was your opinion of them and would you recommend them?

Amanda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 22:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/169/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Teany tiny !

I have tried all the slim fast bars. They a cross between a real protein bar, and a snacky treat l/c bar. I found them a little pasty ... not my favorite.
I eat L/C pria .. which are the best for my palate. They are also about 1/3 the size of an average protein bar.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 22:20

Plan: NHE
Stats: 135/133/140 Female 64"
BF:15%
Progress: -40%

you're gonna hate me for saying this, but slimfast is candy... real food is a better idea.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 22:21
Bigger than ever :(

Plan: Keto
Stats: 464/280/200 Male 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I never even knew Slim Fast made LC stuff... I must be behind on the times
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 22:25
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I didn't like the bars. They were sickly-sweet and gave me an upset stomach.

The shakes tasted great, but I found myself hungry a LOT quicker than with the other ones.

I'll stick with the Keto mixes, or EAS or Atkins pre-made for shakes, and if I really NEED a snack bar, I use Keto (the taste is only so-so, but ar fewer sugar alcohols)
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 22:38

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%

I love the canned shakes, they taste pretty good and are so quick and easy. I do agree that I am hungry not long after eating them. I personally like the bars, some are pretty good, some are okay, but you have to be very very careful with them. You have to limit how many you eat and no more than one on any day, they will knock you off and cause cravings if you eat too many, they did that to me. So, I am very careful to only buy a box at a time and limit them strictly. They are not real food and should be used as an emergency food when you can't eat the way you should. They are great for that, or for when you have to run out the door and won't be eating for a few hours if you do not grab one, they are good for that too.
I say they are a great addition, but be very very careful,eat them sparingly and do not buy too much at a time, you can buy one bar and try it out first, if you like them and they are not a problem for you, then buy a box. Stephie
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 09:47
Registered Member

Stats: 198/145.5/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 83%

I never cared much for protein bars or the other slim-fast bars so I'll probably skip them. But with having a 3 year old and a two month old, there are times that I really don't have time to make breakfast or lunch when I should so I'm looking for something I can grab out of the fridge and since I've always liked the slim-fast shakes I think I'll try them. (I even bought them before I gained weight, just because I liked them.)

Amanda
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 10:53
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I like the Peanut Butter Slimfast bars.. At 2 net carbs.. and they are really good. I think they taste a lot like a PB cookie. Then again, it's been so long since I've had a real one maybe I've forgotten what the real stuff tastes like. The store usually has them 3/$4 and I'll make them last all week just saving them for a treat.