Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 21:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 262/223/175 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Need Some Inspiration

Hey everyone i need some inspiration to get me back on my feet i was doing soooo sooooo soooo good i lost 40 pounds in the matter of 4 months then i stopped losing for a while and got really discouraged and found myself snacking and it got out of hand now im noticing that im gaining a pound then losing it then gaining now losing i tell myself ok today is the day where im going back on my diet strict finally i got the will power to start up on induction phase again tomorrow hopefully i dont mess up and snack (cheat) again im starting to run again so just give me a lil motivation thanks everyone ur the best.............
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 22:09
Registered Member

Stats: 204/187/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 39%

I totally understand what you mean! I always have the best of intentions when it comes to being faithful to induction, and then I'll eat too much lc ice cream or yogurt, etc. and then I have to start all over again! It gets to be frustrating, but we both know that it's possible to do. I always just keep in mind that after only 14 days my body will be cleansed and full of wonderful vitamins and nutrients it needs! And you can begin to add back those carbs that you've been missing soon after. Good luck to you, I know you can do it! Just keep coming back here for support, and know that we're behind you 100% of the way!! ~Kat
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 22:11

Plan: NHE
Stats: 135/133/140 Female 64"
BF:15%
Progress: -40%

how many calories are you taking in daily?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 22:26

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I know how you feel. I've been having trouble with my scales and although I haven't out-and-out cheated, it's been a little rough.

I went through the I'm going to be strict tomorrow! thing but tomorrow never comes. Finally what I did was got back on track with recording my food on FitDay. If I hold myself accountable to do that every day it helps. While my weight played the up-and-down game all last week, at least I managed to keep track of what I was eating. I'm heading out on vacation this next week, but when I get back I'm going to try to narrow down what may be causing my problem and see if I can fix that.

I think sometimes it's easy for us to lose focus, and focus is often what we need. One thing I know is that I don't want to gain back what I've lost, and I don't want to go through the low blood sugar thing any more, ever in my life. Concentrate on your achivements so far and go from there. In other words, don't beat yourself over the head for whatever you already did that was wrong. Think about the good things you're doing to your body and try to do even more.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 22:53

Stats: 262/223/175 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 45%

to answer legwarmers question when i was on my diet cheat free i didnt count my calories im not one to sit there and count i just know what i was eating and that was everything that i was able to eat on the atkins im not one to count carbs or calories its just not me i guess i never really liked doing that but hey i did lose 40 pounds not counting but then again i fell off for a while but i dont know maybe counting would help me out but i think i would drive myself nuts counting calories or carbs or any of that
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 23:32
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hi,

Sounds like you know how to do this. What you need to do is NOT GET FRUSTRATED when you hit a stall. This HAS to be a change in your WOL or you will put the weight back on. Sooo...be patient, it's not a race, it's progress, not perfection. For me, and for many others, it took years to put all the weight on, even if it's coming off a few lbs a month, you'll get there!! If you want to accelerate it, use exercise, but be patient regardless.

It will be worth it too...check out this post I just made.....I would have NEVER thought I'd make it to this...I was inspired by others success stories, I hope thinking about mine will get you through your next tough spot!!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=183462

You CAN do this, you already have, just make it a way of life(WOL).

Good luck!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 23:49

Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

now im noticing that im gaining a pound then losing it then gaining now losing

Since this is only a pound, grab that sucker by the neck and squeeze! LOL! Kill the monster while it's little!