Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 16:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/168.2/150 Female 5'7
BF:whoa boy
Progress: 80%

Tried the Chicken Carbonara flatbread today and it was absolutely delicious. Small, but filling. Haven't tried the Subway wrap so I can't compare the two- but I do know that the Quizno's flatbread tastes great.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 15:31

Stats: 172/159/120 Female 4' 11
BF:
Progress: 25%

I don't normally go to any of those sub shops because submarine sandwiches have always been TOO much bread for me to eat.

When I began low carbing I would go in to Mr. Sub with my DH and while he ordered a sub I would order just meat & cheese. Naturally I was thrilled when Subway began serving Atkins Wraps. And now Quiznos sells low carb flatbread ... Yippee!

I've tried Subway's turkey with chipolte and it is like wow! I loved it. I had one yesterday but the stupid clerk heated it ... not as good warm as it is cold.

One thing I've noticed is that Subway has not instructed all their clerks on how to make their Atkins Wraps. I've had clerks ask me what I want on them. I always tell them to put whatever is supposed to be on it according to the Atkins formula. Not all clerks know what this is and I end up holding up the line when I tell the clerk to please find out or ask the manager.

I intend to try Quizinos flatbread this week and wll post my opinion.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 16:31

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Once you know what the carb count is in the wrap Subwy=5 net after fiber you should be able to make decision on if you can have extra veg in the wrap in your program.

I ask for olives and cucumber and tomato on my salad. I'm willing to "spend" the extra carbs for worthwhile additions.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 01:48

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

We have coupons for Quiznos, so I want to try them (new store opened up in town a few weeks back). My sis-in-law tried the Subway LC and she didn't like it at all. I've discussed LC breads with her enough to know that if she didn't like it I won't either, LOL.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 17:32

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Well, I went to Quizno's today, and I was absolutely NOT disappointed! The only thing I didn't like was the price, LOL. Even so, it was great for a treat.

After someone asked what was in the sauce, I decided I would try a Santa Fe chicken. Their LC flatbread is simply to die for--as in I could live on this stuff--but I won't! LOL

Anyway, from what I can tell, the cheese sauce is just that--cheese made into a sauce and it has hickory smoke flavoring added to it. When they put it on the flatbread, it looked liquid. After it came out of the oven, it had a texture just like cheese.

I thought the size was just right! I was good and full when I finished it, and didn't get hungry again until I got home after shopping, which was at least four hours later.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 13:51

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

Subway's tortillas are gross, made me burp all day long. Just had a Quiznos meatball flatbread-Was awesome!!!!
  #37   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 16:56

Plan: low carb for life
Stats: ???/???/??? Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I just had another one. These are GREAT! Glad the closest Quiznos is 60 miles away, I'd be eating these all the time. Blessings, Karen
  #38   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 20:23
Bigger than ever :(

Plan: Keto
Stats: 464/280/200 Male 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'd have to say Quizno's wins over Subway hands down... (where exactly did the term hands down come from?)

Chris
  #39   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 10:37
Registered Member

Stats: 143/126.6/125 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 91%

Turkey Bacon Guacamole is my favorite. Anyone ever had Olga's? Quizno's wraps taste like Olga bread to me, a little bit sweet
  #40   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 07:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

Quiznos all the way!! The wrap may be smaller, but its so soft and fluffy, and when they pass it through the toaster, it comes out all warm and yummy, and they loaded mine up with chicken, it was practically overflowing!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:58

Stats: 196/150/135 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

We have Subway and Quizno's next door to each other here. I'd say Quizno's wins, no question! I really like the flatbread - it tastes better than the tortillas. I haven't found their flatbread small at all, and our folks load it up with good stuff! I was unfamiliar with them, and had been eating at Subway every now and again. Now I'm hooked on Quizno's!
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 10:33

Plan: proteinpower
Stats: 123/122/121
BF:
Progress:

now the question remains: why wont Quiznos give the carb count on their wraps if they are truly LC?? I emailed them SEVEREAL times and they said the info was proprietary!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 17:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Have to say I have had them both, they are definitely different from one another, and I enjoyed them both. They are small but I found them quite filling, compared to pre LC when I sometimes ate a whole 12" sub! I get them less dressing, with all those veggies I don't even notice it.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 20:21

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 250/199/110 Female 5'1"
BF:don't know
Progress: 36%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQman
I'd have to say Quizno's wins over Subway hands down... (where exactly did the term hands down come from?)

Chris

Question: Where does the expression "to win hands down" come from?

Answer: Horseracing: a jockey who doesn't have to raise his hands to tighten the reins or wield the whip to win is superior.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 22:30

Stats: 296/258/136 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:Lots, definately
Progress: 24%

Looks like Quizno's is winning and I have to agree ! They are too yummy !!