Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 13:31

Plan: CAD
Stats: 240/230/190
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile HI!

Am i ever glad i found a site to help me with all this!

I have been following the Carbohydrate Addicts plan now for one week and have lost 4 pounds and i am so excited about it. This is my first attempt at trying anything low carb and so far i feel awesome!
I was officially diagnosed with PCOS this March after about 10 years of trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Since then i have been on meds to help with that and they helped me to lose a few pounds which is such a huge deal to me as never before has it been so easy to lose even ONE! A site i belong to called Soulcysters where i find support for PCOS has led me to THIS site in my new quest to finally figure this all out. It has been recommened to me to try to low carb and after reading CAD and Atkins i totally see the light behind all this trouble with weight and insullin
So after one week i am down 4 pounds and the most interesting part to me is the fact that i thought it was going to be so hard...um...it wasn't.....in fact i am finding it so rewarding. I have found this energy in me i didn't know i had...i have been up with hubby at 6 every morning the past few days and have no desire to climb back into bed after he leaves for work as i once did. My food cravings have just about dissapeared...i say just about because in all honesty i think i will always think about CHOCOLATE!!! LOL I nolonger feel like a nap at 3-4 in the afternoon and can you believe it....no more endless munching for no reason but to do it....To come to the understanding that it never was my fault i couldn't just eat one potato chip and call it done...is so great...IT IS MORE THAN WILL POWER......WOO HOO!
This new way of thinking and eating will not only help me to lose weight but will help with my PCOS and my battle with trying to have a baby.....
Boy is this a long winded introduction or what...sorry but hey i am on cloud nine with excitement and energy right now.......
Hope to get to know a lot of you and look forward to the wealth of information and support you all have to offer.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 23:16
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Bubbles, welcome aboard.

Whach out, there lots of BC'ers around here! Keep us posted on how you're doing with CAD!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-01, 02:38

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hey Bubbles - what a great story!! I LOVE happy endings!

Congrats on your early loss, low carbing is just as amazing as you are discovering. Glad it is helping with lots of other health-related issues for you too. That is also a very common phenomenon.

Post often, it's nice to meet you! Have you checked out the *Health* threads on this board? You will find a lot of kindred spirits there!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-01, 15:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Welcome...it is so nice to see others doing the same plan as me...it is great being able to eat what you want huh...I never feel deprived of anything on this plan...and it is exciting not having that stupid little voice inside you telling that you need to eat all the time Good luck...and hope to read many more of your posts.