Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 04:25

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Hello =)

Vitals: 21 years old, 5'3, 155lbs last time I weighed (about a week ago)

Hi, I'm new to the board yet not too noobie to the low carb deal. I've tried
low carb in the past and this is the first time I've actually stuck to it for more than a day haha. Part of it is realizing I've gained 35lbs in the last 2 years and I just feel and look aweful, another reason is I have a party to go to in a month and I don't wanna look bad, barely any of my clothes fit and I don't have the money to really buy anything new. It might sound like I'm not doing it for myself but trust me, my motivation is very low and this is actually very motivating for me Today is my 5th day. I don't have a scale here so I'm not sure if I've lost any weight. I've been doing pilates and after this weekend I will have a gazelle to work with. The only trouble I'm having is when it comes to breakfast and dinner. You see, I was never much of a meat eater so eggs and bacon or sausage just isn't appealing to me. I do try to change em up and add different ingredients for added flavor though. I'm getting over it slowly hehe. The biggest challenge for me is dinner. I live with my boyfriend and his dad currently. His father is very over weight but is very stubborn and hates the low carb deal. He's very fond of his cookies and bread. He also isn't a very good cook and never wants to go to the grocery store. So we eat out every single night. It's really hard to find low carb items at fast food places. Who wants to eat a hamburger patty every night?

Okay, my hunger has gotten the best of me and I must make breakfast. Sorry for the long rambling post ;p
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 05:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/128/112 Female 5'1''
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi Nakkira,

Welcome to the fourms!

Wow sounds like low carb is hard for you at the moment. i think eating out at fast food places every night would make me feel sick. You've come to the right place though, everyone here is very helpful and friendly. You should find all the info and support you need to succeed. Check out the reicpe threads as they have loads of ideas there, it helped me alot. I believe there are a few vegetarians around as well so there might be helpful to you with some breakfast and dinner ideas. Good Luck

Tammy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 10:09
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome!
Is it necessary for you to go with your boyfriend and his father out to eat? Perhaps you can find a way to the store and stock up, preparing meals for yourself.
Best of luck to you!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 18:26
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 07:07

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

Yes, unfortuneately he is very sensitive about being alone and will take anything out of context and turn it around to him being hated on =/

I'm in the situation where I can finally get a job so I will be looking for one asap. Hopefully he doesn't pull the same thing as the last 2 years and move us when we suggest getting jobs.