Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 21:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Typical menus for me:

For dinner, I have something like a pork chop (or 2) with a salad and a 1/2 cup or a cup of steamed veggies/butter. I might have some sugar free jello with some whipped cream on it for dessert. (most times I don't even bother with dessert.) And maybe eat an ounce of cheese after that. Then I'm done for the night. And drink water all evening. This is the norm for me now.

Before Atkins, I would have: 2 pork chops, salad, baked potato, butter, sour cream and bacon bits or a half a can of corn. Then for dessert a piece of some kind of cake or pie. Then two hours later I'd be in the kitchen getting at least 4 oz of Cheetos, drink at least 3 cokes between dinner and bed time. Eat whatever candy I could get my hands on. Usually Laffy Taffy, who knows how many, a few fun size chocolates (ok maybe 10!) and probably another piece of the pie or cake if there was any left. All this between the hours of 4:30pm and midnight. (We eat dinner early around here due to my husbands working hours.)

Now, which one is more costly? Not only in dollars, but I scare myself looking at this menu I used to eat regarding the health hazards involved. I saved my life with Atkins, I can't put a price on that nor the ravages of ill health that were coming at me like freight train. If LC is expensive, consider the alternative.

This article does give some pretty good tips about saving some money, though.