Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 08:36

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%
Default anyone started LC in March 04???

Just curious to find those who started in March like myself to see how much you guys lost already. I know i have had many slip ups, but im still trying. Im onldy down 20 lbs .....I think i should've lost more by now. But what to expect when i had slip ups.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 09:20
Waterlogged

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/215/150 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I started March 4 and I've lost about the same. I don't know exactly what I weighed when I started, but I lost 15 since I weighed myself for the first time. I don't think minor slipups hurt too much....like when I went out to eat at Sizzler and found out the chicken I ordered had breading on it but ate it anyway...hehe. I still lost a pound that week
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 10:09

Stats: 250/-/- Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 22%

Okay, I am close to March, I started the latter part of February and I am ONLY down 23. Like you, I anticipated losing a whole heck of a lot more by now, but haven't. So, don't be discouraged. This takes time and unfortunately, all bodies are not the same. Believe me, I have been and will probably be extremely frustrated.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 10:10

Stats: 188/166/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 51%

I started the end of March. I've only lost 9 pounds but have lost inches. Not to mention, I feel a whole lot better!!! I think 20 pounds is wonderful!! Go find 20 pounds of meat or potatoes and look at how much that actually is. Then lift it and realize how much excess you were carrying around. You'll find that 20 pounds is alot!!! Especially if you have been slipping every once in awhile!

Congratulations on your success. I'm not sure what you expected but 20 pounds is excellent!!

d'lyn
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 10:51
Registered Member

Stats: 200/189/135 Female 5'5"
BF:42%/38.1%/20%
Progress: 17%

well, i began this whole thing a couple days b4 thanksgiving got thru thanksgiving then screwed up with left overs after that didn't get back to it till march 19. Have lost 18lbs. Now my son who is 16, started april 4 and as of this am ahs lost 21. i've been in a stall since april 13, and am about to go crazy, i am being so good , keeping track of foods. We write them down everyday. I'm active all day. I wrk at home and have little ones to keep me busy. Right now is my sit down till tonight. My calories are around 1000 and my chart says in resting i use 1600 or so. what gives?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 11:01

Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I started March 1st. Have stayed on induction the whole time, and feel so great.

I'm happy with my rate of loss so far.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 11:58

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

wow, guys thanks for all the replies! Seems like we're all 'about the same' here huh? I guess not bad then. Im not alone. I just see so many others loose TONS (ok, im exaggerating)!!!

The only BIG ENCOURAGEMENT i've heard lately is that Lily (AFWIFE) ~ she too lost 20lbs in 2 MONTHS and now that girl is on a ROLLLLLLLLL!!! She lost like 30 lbs this MONTH ALONE!!

Someday we'll be there guys! Glad im not alone.

LOVE Y'all
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 12:26
i see stars

Plan: My own way
Stats: 168/165/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I started March 29th, and I am down 8lbs. Of course, I don't have a lot to lose, so my loss will be much slower, plus I need to start an exercise program.

Remember, you didn't put in on in a month - it will take time, but that is GOOD. Slower weight loss is healthier, and means you are less likely to gain it all back
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 12:27

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

Everyone is different. I restarted Atkins at the end of March have have lost only 10.5lbs. When I did Atkins last year for the first time, I lost about 20lbs during the same time frame. I get very jealous when I see people losing 20-30lbs in 1-2 months, but I have to keep reminding myself that everyone responds differently to low carb. I guess I missed my golden shot last year when I did Atkins for the first time.

You're doing great!!! If you don't exercise, you may want to start as it will help with the pounds. Also, measure, measure, measure. I've lost only 10.5lbs in 6 weeks, but I've lost 6" from my waist and 3" from my hips.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 14:07

Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I started January 18th - have not cheated, fallen off, etc. and haven't felt the need to cheat. I have lost 26 pounds. Everyone is different. What I hope we all learn is that the numbers, although important, are a lot less important than the journey (okay, that's MY personal mantra!)

PecanPie