Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 07:56

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I'll join! I've been cheat-free since May 1 and plan to continue!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 10:03
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 168/165/118 Female 64 inches
BF:30%/29%/18%
Progress: 6%

Thanks missaec!
I would love to join this challenge! this may be the thing a cheater like me needs. My problem seems to be psychological: after I exercise I somehow convince myself, by telling myself: "well it won't hurt you to eat that slice of pound cake, after all your body needs the energy/carbs since you just had an 90 minute workout"! WRONG WRONG WRONG! I just sabotaged the 700 calories I just burned! What gives??? Hopefully this thread/challenge will encourage me and all of us here to stay in line. We can offer each other tips and come here when we hit a roadblock!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 10:08
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I think I will join up as well if you will have me
I work alot (and overnights to boot!) so I tend not to have the time that I would like to have to prepare foods.. and the kitchen looks pretty pitiful right now
not to mention that it used to be habit on the weekends me and my mom would go out shopping and then grab a bite to eat somewhere.. old habits are hard to break :/
another problem that I am not gonna promise to get rid of is I have to much cafine both in diet soda and coffee somtimes thats the only thing that keeps me awake at work all night (I sit in an tiny office alone and count money all night.. its very repitive & boring) though I have no problems leaving the candy jar alone at least

anyways my goals are:
cut back the caffine 1 cup of coffee a day perferably
not to eat out (I don't have the money to do that anyways!)
try to keep the kitchen stocked

I really would like to see my weight drop (below 200 preferably) but since I am doing BFL i am not expecting it to (it hasn't budged since I started three weeks ago)
sorry for rambling its noon, I been up 24 hours.. I need to go to bed!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 20:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/179.4/128 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi all,
Cheat free for me means back to the kind of self control that got me to where I am now. Some of my pals say that I look like I'm at my goal weight and I am so flattered. Problem is I feel like I'm starting to slip and eat more, I'm starting to eat when I don't feel hungry just to satisfy the craving monster. Well the craving monster had control of me for 21 years and I don't want to be controlled. I have gone back to induction for a week or so to enjoy that 'no hunger no craving' sensation.
I deserve to stay good looking, I won't give in to the craving monster that kept me overweight since I was 18, I won't, I won't, I won't.
I will stay cheat free for the month of May and I will try and help anyone else to do the same.
Michelle in Toronto.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 23:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 2//135 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

I wanna join too!

I had a major cheat session the end of April.. I didn't like the way I felt afterward AT ALL. I've been cheat-free since and really want to stay that way!

It'll be encouraging to check in here for moral support if/when the urge to cheat hits me.