Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 13:33

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

The only tinned LC veggie I can think of it tinned mushrooms. You can buy jars of picked hard boiled eggs in the UK. If you can get them too, these would be an idea.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 19:26

Plan: Mine
Stats: 189.5/185/135 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 8%

Go through the grocery store and make sure what you store is stuff you will eat. (Canned hams are the pits!)
Olives Black and green
Pickles
Mushrooms
Asparagus
green beans
Collards, turnips (I'm from the south )
vienna sausages, potted meat (yuck)
Velvetta cheese will keep on the shelf for a while
Canned beef, you can make your own canned meats if you have a canner.
Definitely some low carb "junk" food
some jars of alfredo sauce, Salsa, LC spaghetti sauce
Experiment with different recipes, maybe include them in your kit.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 01:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

Thanks guys. I just watched the conclusion of 10.5 tonight, dunno why. I didn't need to be watching it right before bed again but I guess I'll have to go look up LC desserts after this discussion to get my mind off it and onto yummy things. I'd rather dream of chocolate fudge brownies then eq's. To you radioactive folks out there, 73's. I'm in RACES too. To those of you that aren't ham's, that stands for Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services.
I think the canned pickles, olives etc. are great ideas, I didn't think of them. Also...that canned meat, like ham and vienna sausages. (I bet they have filler carbs though). The one gal who said I don't want my sugar going haywire, She's right. Before this woe I used to get the low blood sugar shakes really bad and now they're gone. I don't need that during a disaster. Thanks for all your help guys/and gals. Take care and pray we don't NEED to use our go kits. Annie
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 12:05

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Forget to mention, I'm G0HXJ (former G1VCX). We have a thing in the UK called RAYNET. I guess what you're doing is similar. You won't catch me on air now as my license lapsed while I was living abroad. I plan to renew it when I get my new house in shape.
I worked from Spain for a while as EA7/G0HXJ/P/QRP - long callsign. I wonder if there are any more hams low carbing?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 16:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

My call is kc7woc, and I am pleased to meet you GOHXJ. It's alot of fun doing this stuff. I don't know if there's many LC hams but ham is LC! hehe So that's good. Do you get a grace period if you don't renew or do they make you take the test again? Annie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 18:12
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Ok, yes an important thread to think about. Like where I live what in the world would I pack during hurricane season. Now I have many ideas. Thanks everyone. I remember when huricane Andrew hit. I had no baby formula and the stress caused my breast milk to dry up temporaraly.Now that was a scary time.Also the power was out for almost 2 weeks and stores were closed. So thinking ahead is NOT a bad thing.
Angel