Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 20:20

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%
Default So how is your life going to change when you reach goal?

Ok, I'm at it again...........I love hearing how everyone handles stuff!

Since most of us started here heavy and on our last vestige of rope and hangin by a thread. We all have our issues with being heavy, but as we all lose weight and feel great, how is our lives going to change when you reach your ideal weight? How will your life look?

Being 100lbs overweight definitely had the advantage of never attracting men, after dealing with years of harassment by them, I was glad to not be their center of attention anymore, problem was, I still wanted a great guy, just not so many of them, but I couldn't find any men of quality, it went downhill for years.........20 years of 2 bad marriages, an array of bad dates. I've had to endure stares, comments, no one wanting to sit near me on a plane, restaurant, starbucks, anywhere. Guess they were afraid of 'catching' what I had, obesity....people don't want to hang out with the fat girl, no matter how nice, bubbly or perky I was. Jobs sucked, doesn't matter how great your skills are, getting a job as an obese person is hard or next to impossible. Quality? Forget it, you take what you get and be happy with it..........

Fast forward years later, I am finally ready to lose weight. Spent months getting counseling to deal with the issues of hiding behind my weight, how I'm going to handle attention from men as the weight comes off, weaned myself off carbs and started exercising.

So now I'm losing weight, I'm eating right, I have no desire to cheat because I'm READY to lose the weight. I know in my heart that I won't ever be this heavy again. I know as my size goes down I will no longer be buying plus sizes. I found I love to exercise, I could care less if people stared, but no one does, because it's the Y, and it's more family oriented, people are there to simply work out, not ogle themselves in the mirror.

I look forward to fitting better in ALL seats, being able to eat in a booth in a restaurant without having to bend OVER the table so food doesn't fall on my chest. I look forward to fitting on an airline seat comfortably, not squished and having to cross my arms so as not to encroach on the next persons' space, the ones who gave me the dirty look 'Oh God, I have to sit next to that fat girl?'.............I look forward to chair edges not cutting off the circulation in my legs because I'm too big for the chair.

I look forward to crossing my legs, which I havent done in years.

I look forward to knees not cracking, ankles not creaking, joints not aching, sleep apnea gone, allergies gone. Since starting low-carbing, I've noticed a definite ease of stomach & intestinal issues. Working out makes me feel stronger, more in control, more flexible, and I sleep better.

I look forward to the day when I meet a man for a cup of coffee that he doesn't have that look of dread when he sees my girth coming towards him to greet him. No amount of cuteness, bubbly personality or beautiful eyes, hair, nails will make up for just being fat. The only men I've attracted in years have been control freaks & so insecure they have to make ME feel bad about myself so they feel good about themselves.

I definitely look forward to buying nicer clothes, ones that I choose and look good on me, not ones that I'm forced to buy just because they're the only thing that fits.

I look forward to my strong buff body, one that carries me well and looks great!

I look forward to acquiring a great job based on my skill and ability, not being discriminated against because of my weight. I thank God every day for my present boss at Microsoft, who obviously saw beyond my obesity and gave me a chance as a temp, and I'm doing great and he is very happy with my work. I need to convince him to hire me permanently now!

Most of all, I look forward to a healthy, obesity-free life surrounded by friends, family & hopefully a loved one who thinks I'm the best thing next to low-carb sliced bread..............

LL
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 22:27

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 66%

LL, that was so beautifully and eloquently expressed.

For myself, I look forward to reduced insurance premiums (self pay,) and hopefully living longer.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 22:57
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

I look forward to single digit sizes, and being "on top" more often (more info than some people wanna know, but hey, it's what I want.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 23:25

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

On top! I love that, I miss that too! haha

LL
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 23:27

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

Well i already reached my goal.. but being thin finally gave me the confidence to date and i finally have a SO. I was 21 before i went on my first date.. thats when i lost the weight. Kinda sad really..
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 13:21

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

Well, I've already accomplished a great deal, even though I'm not at goal, yet.

I just plan to continue to be the best I can be, and enjoy the health and shopping benefits.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 13:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/200/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Well...If I can get through this without tearing up...
I'll soon be 45 years old and left my husband of 23 years a year ago Dec.(2002) I have NO inclination to have a SO anytime soon. I am enjoying being single!

I do however wish to have a different quality of life...I still have young children (10 & 13) who know nothing but a FAT mom. I want to be fit and strong to finish my job as a mom and be able to enjoy granchildren...someday. LOL

I strive to be thinner to have the confidence to get out and look for that better job. One where I'm not the fat woman being hidden in a back room.

I already feel better about myself...I feel I have accomplished much with losing 61 pounds so far. Everyday is a new chance to reach a once unattainable goal. Life to the fullest.

Marcia