Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 17:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/126/120 Female 5'4
BF:26%
Progress: 67%
Default Cellulite attack! Ack!

Hey, has anyone else noticed this?

I'm still stalled, as far as the scale is concerned. I'm not really worried about it, since everyone here says it's normal. I was looking at myself in the mirror today, though, and I thought I definitely looked smaller ... but ... but ... I swear, the cellulite is worse! Way worse! I mean, cottage cheese city, I mean, serious need for a sarong at the beach, I mean, yuck!

What's up with that? Is it temporary? Please, someone, tell me, "Oh, yeah, that happened to me, too, but then it went away, leaving me with sleek, lean, Cindy Crawford thighs!"

More cellulite: This I do not need. Bad, very bad.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 17:24
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hey Selena,

Don't worry this too is normal, a lot of people notice that their thighs look more cellulitly and it's often a few days before a loss happens. The fat moves around and all kinds of strange things go on under the skin. Even if you don't notice a pound loss, you will probably see an inch loss on that area and it will tighten up - I know it's really weird and upsetting but it's normal.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 07:28
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 142/135/115 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress:

water excersise, and EGGS!
i just read in a magazine (woman's world the fad diet forum) that eggs (yolks more than whites) combat cellelite. apparently they are the best thing to eat on atkins because they are a perfect protien, combat hunger, and yes fight cellulite. sound to good to be true? this time on the diet i have upped my eggs to an average of 3-4 a day. wow! what a difference it has made. it might not work for everyone, but it is definety working for me. i never really liked eggs before, but now i crave them, and i have really noticed my jigglies and a lot less jiggly! it'd sure worth a try if you like them...
oh yeah, and water and exersise!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 07:48
Registered Member

Eggs? No kidding! That, I can do!
What's the theory behind that?
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 08:13
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 142/135/115 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress:

i knew i shouldn't have thrown out that mag yesterday when i was cleaning!!! from what i remember, egg yolks have a compound in them that reduces cellulite and helps food cravings. also instead trying to get base amino acid chains from a variety of foods, eggs are a perfect protien, the only food with all the amino acid chains needed to have a protien that is useable in the body.
i will look again to find the magazine, it was a good article.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 11:38

Stats: 133?/133?/112? Female 4 ft 11 inches
BF:I know where it is
Progress:
Default Cellulite attack! Ack!

Hey, Selena, me too - I've been on induction for nearly 3 weeks, haven't got around to getting any scales yet, but have charted my progress by the fit of my jeans and watching the unbelievable shenanigans going on with the cellulite on my midriff! It's been like a mobile contour map with lumps and bumps moving and shifting like something out of Alien. I just hope it settles down when all the fat lumps have magically dissolved, and I'm thrilled anyway because at least I know that the surface fat has burned off and I'm on my way. I read somewhere that 9 months on Atkins gets rid of all cellulite - anyone know about this?
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 13:03
Registered Member

I think it's looking a little better -- I'm trying not to spend too much time examining my own backside in the mirror; I don't want to get obsessive. Wouldn't it be nice to think that nine months on Atkins would cure cellulite? Even though I'm not that overweight, my thighs are REALLY cottage-cheesy. I do think it's genetic; my mom has it badly, even though she's tiny. I may just have to accept that that's the way I am, lumps and all.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 08:26

Stats: 223/163/145 Female 5'5"
BF:?/25%/23%
Progress: 77%

I have been on this for 6 months the cellulite gets better, but go away....Never