Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:28

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 170/134/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Less to lose-less modivated?

I do try to concentrate on how my body is looking and how I feel in my clothes..but sometimes when it takes SOOO long for the scale to move, I get a lil discouraged. 120 felt so great 4 or so years ago and sometimes I feel like its going to be eternity till I feel that way again. I do lose, but its soooo slow. I see people losing 5-10 lbs (yes I do realize I should be thankful I dont have so much to lose, I am! =) ) I just get a little sad that I cant be losing more than 1 lb every two weeks or so. Guess its all about patience. All great things take time, or whatever that ol' saying is. =) Well, just wanted to vent a little bit to how I've been feeling. Thanks everyone for listening. =)

Brittany
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I know how you feel. Those last few pounds seem to take forever!!! I too get jealous when I see people loosing so fast, but then I remember I did the same thing in the beginning.

Just try to stick to it no matter what, and the last few will finally go away. Even if it is a lb every couple of weeks.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:34
Registered Member

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 133/129/118 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hey BritGirl! How much to you have to lose? You sound like me .. I weighed 133 when I started 2 wks ago and am 130 now. It's coming off very slowly and i get discouraged when I hear people losing 10-12 lbs during induction. I weighed 118 4 yrs ago but chose 120 as my goal since I lift weights now 3 times a week. Do you work out? Just wanted to say we're in the same boat and those pounds are hard to lose, but we're heading in the right direction. I will admit I don't do strict induction - I take in 20-50 carbs a day but may cut that back in hopes of losing more rapidly.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/136/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I feel the same way, I've been going up and down the same 5 pounds since January. The first 25-30 came off so easy. I've tried cutting stuff out and I still workout, but I guess he says it takes awhile for the rest to come off. I would love to be 125 but will settle for 130. I was 138-40 for 2 mths, then I was 135 a week ago, now I"m back up to 138 again, but my TOM is coming soon, hope thats all. But it is discouraging to hear so many people losing like 3 pounds a week and not lose any.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/137/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I hear ya too. It has taken me 3 months to lose 10 lbs on my modified version - coffee and beer but doing it my way has NOT been a sacrifice or too difficult. I could drop those two staples and lose faster. When I lose 17 more I will be at my wedding weight and that was 20 years ago next month!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:47

BF:

Hey Katlo. Cool, I'm glad to know I'm not alone. =) Yeah, I do love to run and I do a few machines. I'm nearing the end of my college degree and I'm finding it harder to get my butt to the gym lately. I try a minimum of 3 days week at least. Everything, my weight and body, does better the more I work out. With finals this week and next, I've been skimping out. It makes me feel so guilty, just admiting it here to yall. But you guys are so supportive and without this forum I think sometimes I'd probably give up. =)
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:53

BF:

NCSkibabe-I think doing a modified version is the best thing to do if your HAPPY and it makes you HAPPY to continue this eating lifestyle. My fiance is in the airforce, so I'm surrounded by "drinking buds" and I've continued to drink my diet cokes and vodka on the weekends. I'm sure I could be doing better without them, but it makes me happy and makes this something I can do for the REST of my life, not just something I do for a YEAR. =)
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:59

BF:

Katlo- I felt best around 120 a few or so years ago. I know I've gained muscle throughout these past few years (weights and running), so my goal weight might be lower than what is best for me. We sound like were around the same weight range and want the same goal range. I'd love to lend ya advice when something is working really well for me and let me know things that have been working for you. =) I stayed around 130 for a while, started to eat more veggies and thats really all I changed to lose a lil more. I'm guessing it was prob. due to lowering my overall calories as a result.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 11:08

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

Britgrl, if you want to see the scale move faster, up the workouts and the intensity, you sometimes have to shake things up when you get towards the end, and true, as you get towards the end it is harder, your body holding onto the last vestiges of poundage. But the best way to get the scale moving is shake things up, and that's exercise.

Congrats on your success!

LL
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 11:26

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hey Britgrl,

If you think you've gained some muscle, it might be worth it to have your body fat tested with the water test or bod pod (2 most accurate tests). That way you'll know how much lean body mass you have and what a good goal weight for you is.

I'm losing slow and I have a l - o - n - g way to go. hang in there! It will happen, just maybe not as fast as we all want

Cheers!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:53

Stats: 141/135/120 Female 5 foot 4
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hey Britgrl ... I was just feeling very frustrated with my very slow weight loss. I weight myself today for the first time in a while ... but no change. It's so hard to stay motivated and on track when I don't see any progress. I'm still on induction and I've been deep in ketosis, but the pounds don't seem to be coming off like they should. I've been working out at least three time a week, most of the time 5. I also have exams coming up so I've been going less, but I've been trying to be really strict about what I eat to make up for it. I'm gonna hang in there, but it's really hard right now. I'm so discouraged. It's nice to know there are other people going through the same thing. Thanks for your post!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:48
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:

I wonder if my siamese feels this way? He's got like 2 pounds to lose and its taking forever!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 14:01

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I know the feeling of wanting to see the scales move and not! LOL In fact, I think I know it a little too well by now.

Quote:
so my goal weight might be lower than what is best for me.

Okay--right now you are 11 pounds above your goal weight? But what size clothing do you wear? Can you wear the same clothes now you did before when you were at 120? I would use clothing as a measurement more than weight, because our bodies respond so differently to low-carb than low-fat.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 14:11
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

No matter what weight your at, when the scales slow down (and even stop from time to time) it becomes easier to cheat and lose motivation. For me, I know this WOE works, but when the scale seems to stop, it seems like "what the heck, nothings going to change tomorrow anyway.". Even though I know that's not the attitude to have and usually refrain, it's easy to feel that way.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 15:43
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

I don't have much to lose, and I am losing about a lb or less for week. Really annoying. I can tell its going to take several months for me to lose the 15 more I have left.