Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 07:22

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach
Stats: 299/194/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Help!

When I first started a low carb diet, I weighed 270 pounds, I am now down to 192.5 in less than a year. My goal weight is 150, it feels nice knowing that I am only 42.5 pounds away, but right now i am really frustrated. I have not lost anymore weight in weeks. I was hoping to be down to 185 by now, but I think something is wrong. I was so upset at the scale on yesterday, I went and ate a double cheeseburges with fries and 2 slices of apple pie......I gained 1.5 pounds so now I weigh 194. Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong before I gain all of my weight back? HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 07:29
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Well you ate a whole whack of carbs so you have replenished your glycogen stores in your liver and now your body is retaining water.

Go back on Induction and it will go away along with the water weight.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 07:32
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/145/125
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default not losing

Hi there, I am so sorry you feel so frustrated,

The first thing you need to do is stop eating the no no foods! Its not helping you any bit. Secondly post your menu, lets see what you are putting into your mouth and third are you exercising? You have to give more info if you want people to give suggestions. You've come a long way don't undo all that hard work.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 07:35
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%
Default Stalls and Plateaus

I've struggled with slow weight loss and plateaus too. There is a whole section devoted to it in another section of the forum. Very educational.

Also - there is a whole section in DANDR. I suggest you read it carefully.

Also - on the Atkins Website there is a lot of information about it - check it out.

There are lots of different things that can slow you down. First, get educated, then, start eliminating and changing and see if you can find your problem.

Best of luck!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 07:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey!!!

You are a winner!! You have lost over 100 pounds!!! That is absolutely fantastic!!!

Don't ever forget that! You have already probably increased your health, life expectancy, abilities, etc. Way to go!

Sure, keep your eyes on the goal, but remember that you are most of the way through the journey... you have done a wonderful job. And one day of crashing isn't the end of the world... you'll just feel like hell for the next couple of days until you are back on track.

I'm cheering for you!

Mary
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 08:07

Plan: pp
Stats: 167.6/164/140 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 13%

I've been reading a book called "The Secret to Low Carb Success" It's really helpful and talks about what can cause stalls.
You've had a great deal of success. I'm sure you'll start losing again. Congrats and good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 08:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/112/105
BF:
Progress: 65%

What is your calorie intake like? Are you eating plenty of veggies? Are you getting any exercise? Give us some more info...