Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 00:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/ckd
Stats: 190/175/130
BF:
Progress: 25%
Lightbulb Daily Menu Thread 11/14

Let's keep the support going!!!

Post your menus here! Enter either what you ate yesterday or what you plan to eat today. Please let's give newbies and oldbies some good "food for thought" and ideas.

Let's help each other out! Don't keep your good ideas to yourself!

me:

Plan: Atkins
Phase: Post Induction
Variation: 5-6 small meals throughout the day to keep insulin stable and keep metabolism up.

Meal One: LoCarb pancake made with 3/4 scoop of Carbolite Zero Carb bake mix and 1/4 scoop Atkins pancake and waffle mix topped with teaspoon Jok n Al strawberry preserves (buy these items on the web wherever low carb choices are sold)

Meal Two: 1 Hardboiled Egg, 2 slices of turkey

Meal Three: Chicken ceasar salad

Meal Four: Chicken breast on a bed of green beans

Meal Five: Egg custard (make any egg custard recipe but substitute milk with water and cream and sugar with splenda)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 09:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks for keeping this thread going, essjay. Two more people admitted to eating yesterday It would be lovely to have a dozen or so menus -- or more! -- every day to help get ideas.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 4 slices bacon, butter

Lunch (will be): eggplant/mozzarella sandwiches (from Fran McCullough) (actually, I got lazy, so this turned out to be chopped eggplant, sauteed in olive oil until it was brown and crispy, with shredded mozzarella cheese sprinkled over the top)

Midafternoon: small container frozen strawberries (unsweetened) with 2 tbl (blush) Redi-Whip. Says it's less than 1 carb; I'll call it 1. The strawberries were 6.

Dinner: the last of the "sticky chicken," green beans with butter

Not enough water -- 1.5 liters. My romance with spring water has cooled; I'm back to lemon-lime no sodium 0 carb seltzer

Last edited by alto : Wed, Nov-14-01 at 22:14.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 11:11

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Breaky...cottage cheese..(I am tired of eggs)

lunch...Chicken Ceasar Salad...minus the croutons

Supper...mayo and lemon chicken breast with fresh thyme...and spinach pudding...

Tons and tons of water.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 15:55
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Yesterday and Today's food

After going on a big carb blow out on Monday, I decided to do a modified fat fast yesterday, and a mostly meat day today.

Tuesday

Breakfast 2 oz. cream cheese 1 oz. macademia nuts

snack 1 oz. macademia nuts

Lunch 2 oz. cream cheese 1 oz. macademia nuts

snack 1 oz. macademia nuts

snack when I got home 1 hard boiled egg

supper half a rotisserie chicken with skin

exercise singing for 2 hours at community chorus

Wednesday

Breakfast 2 eggs scrambled in butter with trace of ketchup (I didn't dump a lot on like I usually do, just a few dots on top)

Lunch Chicken breast leftover from said chicken (my daughter got the leg and thigh quarter)

Supper--don't know yet, husband mentioned having fish but I don't know if he defrosted it or not. I may have a small salad if the meat portion is small, but also depends on what we have.

BTW on Tuesday morning I was up 1 pound after mexican carbs, after modified fat fast day, I was up another pound, but I blame it on the carbs I ate on Monday, it will probably take another day or two to get back to where I was.

Elihnig
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 19:09

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

8:30am
2 eggs (1 had double yolk - cool)
1/4 teasp almond butter (a taste)...1.5

2pm
tuna, mayo, eggs, spinach
pork cracklin's ...............5

4pm
2 HB eggs......1

6pm
Halibut and spinach/mushrooms...5
meringe cookie!...1

carbs 13.5
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 20:01

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%

hi all
i'm almost hesistant to post, because it's so boring. but here goes

3 egg omlette w/ shredded mexi-cheese
nuts (again too many)
2 coffees w/ cream
tons of water
dinner - tba.
brenda
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 20:02

Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Funny yoke story

Everyone seems to be getting double yolks these days... last week.. I was telling someone about it and they didn't believe me... I had never had that happen before.. THEN when I got home from a weekend trip... the dozen eggs I had purchased for the week were ALL DOUBLE YOLKS... I am wondering if I should be worried!!!

It was like getting 2 dozen eggs for the price of one...!!!

Ramona
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 20:14

Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hey, Ramona, come back here and post your menu! What did you do with the extra yolk?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 20:25

Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Since you're working so hard at trying this new thread out, I'll bite,

but then won't be posting in my journal anymore if I keep posting here. I keep track of this stuff with a little database I created for myself, with numbers coming from the labels of the food itself, and from the PP book. We have different brands of some things than what's in the resources here and at fitday.

Breakfast:
3 oz smoked salmon, 1 oz cream cheese on a Quaker brown rice cake.
24.0 Protein, 9.0 Carb
Rice cakes taste like styrofoam. Won't be buying any more.

Snack through the day at work:
In pieces, 3 celery stalks with cream cheese
3.1 Protein, 4.7 Carb

Lunch
Planned leftover beef and broccoli stirfry
32.7 Protein, 4.0 Carb

Dinner
6 oz BBQ steak, 2 cups cooked broccoli, greek salad with homemade dressing and 1/2 Tomato, 1 oz feta
58.7 Protein, 10.1 carbs

Daily total
Calories 1093
Protein 118.5
Fat 49.8
Carbs 27
Water 96 oz

Visited 2 health food stores today and got some peanuts only, all natural, no sugar or filler freshly ground peanut butter. Also a box of Finn Crisp multigrain cracker/thin dry bread pieces. It would be nice to have base for smoked salmon or peanut butter in the morning. The Finn crisp are only 2.9 carbs for a cracker, which is the size of 3 saltines laying end to end. Thought since there was no sugar and since they were whole wheat multigrain they would be ok ONCE IN A WHILE. Stop me if I'm fooling myself on these Finn Crisps.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 23:12
Registered Member

Stats: 173/168/145
BF:
Progress: 18%

That's so funny! I just bought Finn Crisps too and tried them today, it was nice to put my chive cream cheese on something hard! I think they're great, but I can't overindulge in them...I think their taste probably prohibits that anyway!
Susan
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 02:49
Registered Member

Plan: 10-20g per day
Stats: 169/129/125
BF:
Progress: 91%

This is actually November 16th for me but there wasn't a new thread so I will add it here.

I really am not a breakfast person. Never expect anything more than "a cup of coffee' from me on breakfast. Bad habit, I know, but I just cannot eat in the mornings. I think I hate cooking it. I love going out for brekky, or room service of bacon and eggs in a hotel but at home, can't be stuffed!

Anyway I have a mini-lunch around 10am instead. We get these lovely 100g tins of herbed tuna by John West. Chile, lemon grass... basically next to no carbs and soooo tasty. You can get many flavours such as sweet Thai curry (that sounds a worry, the sweet part) but I love my chili one and stick to it. Sometimes it is a small tin of red salmon which I love as well. The salmon makes a lovely one-egg omelette with a bit of cheese and spinach or bok choy and thyme added.

Today I just had the tin of tuna on lettuce - no omelette because I was going to the mall and there is a great stall in the food court that has Chinese omelette, so I saved my eggs for that. (I try and do my tuna on lettuce because I feel I am eating more of a meal by serving it up. You know, using knives and forks, rather than just eating out of the tin - which I often do! Lazy!)

So lunch at about 1pm was food court Chinese combination omelette - prawns, beef, chicken, green veggies only - tasy as always!

Tonight we are having some specialty chile buffalo sausages - all natural and no additives from the deli - Brad will have mashed potatoes and fried onions with his, I will have a salad.
(The sausages aren't actually made of buffalo - that is just what this place calls them and we what know them by.)

Do you guys get the idea I like my food HOT? Chili in everything, sheesh! But be sure, I count the gram per chili!