Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 16:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%
Default Bryers Carb Zone icecream

I found this stuff at Save On Foods... choc, vanilla and Strawberry flavors. 5 gms carbs per serving, I believe it's made with SPLENDA..YAY!!...they also sell Bryers ice cream sandwiches EXCEPT.... on the front of the box it says 5 net grams carbs....on the side it says 10 grams per sandwich, 5 grams of the total carbs comes from sugars... it is made with Splenda as well as aspartame as well as.... SUGAR!! it looks good but...Sorry did not see the price for it...nor did I purchase any ice cream... maybe in the summer...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 09:01

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've seen an advert for Bryers SMARTSCOOP icecream and bars in a grocers magazine (for folks in the grocery biz), and it looks awfully good. For the volume of ice cream I want to eat, and the horrible *hangovers* I get from reg ice cream, I think I will try this one.

I'll give you a report as soon as I have tried it...

M

PS I love vanilla!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 09:25

I think the Smart Scoop is just a LOW FAT ice cream, the low carb is called Carb Zone... out here anyway. Both made by Bryers..though I didn't look at the nutritional guidelines for the Smart Scoop to see how many carbs cuz the front of the box said low fat...maybe I should re-investigate.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 18:44
Registered Member

Stats: 301/230/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbjo
I think the Smart Scoop is just a LOW FAT ice cream, the low carb is called Carb Zone... out here anyway. Both made by Bryers..though I didn't look at the nutritional guidelines for the Smart Scoop to see how many carbs cuz the front of the box said low fat...maybe I should re-investigate.

I found Breyers Smart Scoop "Carb Zone" frozen dessert in the grocery store. They also have a low fat Smart Scoop, so you have to be careful to get the low carb one. It has 4 grams of carbs (from sugar) and 8.7 grams of fat per half cup serving.

There is no sugar, sucrose, dextrose etc. listed in the ingredients. So, I think the sugar carbs must come from the milk ingredients. It also has polydextrose (2.4 grams) and sorbitol (1.8 grams).

I tried the chocolate and it was pretty good. But, it's too easy for me to overindulge. It will have to be an occasional treat.

I hope this helps.

Michele
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 19:00

Stats: 167/157/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

I am in Burlington Ontario. Does Anyone know where i can get this wonderful sounding treat?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 12:31

Stats: 156/149/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 27%

Im in Winnipeg and got mine at IGA. They have the vanilla or chocolate and they are made with splenda.............they are so yummy as michelle said easy to overindulge.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 13:20

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

I saw a biiboard yesterday in Toronto for Yogun fruz ( typo ) they have a low carb ice cream something goinf on........

we are officially mainstream

d
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 19:28
Registered Member

Stats: 301/230/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Tannia - I found Smart Scoop at Food Basics. If you have a Donimion or Loblaws you might be able to find it there as well.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 07:53

Stats: 167/157/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks I live right across the street from basic's ill go today!! Im so excited!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 16:50

Plan: nutritionist guided
Stats: 280/180/160 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress:
Red face

I saw the low carb Breyer's at 7-11 in Toronto today.
But it was 8 dollars.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 10:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (+Montignac ideas)
Stats: 260/207/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 42%

I bought the Breyers Carb Zone Vanilla - it's good - tastes like frozen Cool Whip - biggest challenge is keeping your serving small

Here is what I did for a dessert treat:

1 small scoop (1/4 cup or less) Breyers low carb vanilla (2g carb from sugars)
1/2 chapmans sugar free chocolate ice cream bar (incredible!!!) (2.5g carbs from sugars)
4 toasted pecan halves
3 slices frozen strawberries

It was delightful - small and satisfying.

I buy strawberries on sale, slice them, lay them out on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with Splenda, and freeze. Perfect for a small, satisfying addition!

Yes - Chapman's Sugar Free Fudge Barrs Sweetened with Maltitol and Sucralose are amazing! I got them at Urban Fare - only place I've ever seen them...

dyberrah
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 13:00

Plan: Cuttin'
Stats: 125/119/114 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

I was so disappointed in this. Big letters on the front saying "Splenda"! Splenda! I glanced at the ingredients, but only quickly, and bought it.

Took it home, ate a serving, and within half an hour was feeling the distinctive intestinal rumblings. Got it out of the freezer and looked again, and lo! the demon Sorbitol was right up there, with Splenda lurking pathetically near the bottom.

Bloody $~%$#~ sugar alcohols. Why can't they just use Splenda?

Anyway, it had a weird texture, sort of firm and insubstantial/fluffy at the same time. Like still-frozen Cool Whip, really.

Not so hot. Even without the Repercussions. Thumbs way down from me; I'll stick to my homemade "protein powder in the ice-cream maker" concoction for now.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 15:52

Well that solves it for me... no need to go out, buy it, eat WAY too much and regret it later....if it really tastes like frozen CoolWhip...AWESOME...I HATE COOLWHIP!! But my DH on the other hand....I better not tell him or else he'll buy up all the flavors at once!! haha!!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 17:11

Stats: 140/125/125 Female 5 2
BF:33/25/20

I went in to my local Yogen Fruz to inquire when the Atkins Endulge Ice cream would be available - they said, in May.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 20:08

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:

Hi

Tried the Bryers Smart Scoop lo carb (4g 125 ml) ice cream. Doesn't taste like much, but has a great texture. Kinda like those super-cheapo ones.

M

BTW cost me $6.99 at my local super crap mart.