Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 21:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/176/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default can you stop losing weight from being in induction to long?

Someone told me that if you stay in induction to long you will stop losing weight because your body will think you are starving it, she said if i bump up my carbs a little i might start losing weight again? Is this true?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 04:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

It is true that you can stall after a long period of time, and adjusting the carbs can help to break it. But, I have been on induction level carbs since Jan/04 and haven't had a major stall yet. Chances are if you are not losing, first place to check is the foods you are eating - make sure there aren't hidden carbs or sugars in there
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 04:25
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresamay
It is true that you can stall after a long period of time, and adjusting the carbs can help to break it. But, I have been on induction level carbs since Jan/04 and haven't had a major stall yet. Chances are if you are not losing, first place to check is the foods you are eating - make sure there aren't hidden carbs or sugars in there

I agree with teresamay.....I was on Induction up on till yesterday, so 5 and a half months. I didn't stall once. No weight loss for 3 weeks one time but that's not considered a stall unless it's been 6 weeks.

Revise your menu or post some for us to see and help you out with.

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 06:47
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 142/135/115 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default a little fat...

another thing to consider is to keep your level of healthy fats up....you need it to maintain energy and burn body fat...try adding some macadamia nuts (about 1 1/2 oz snack) or a half advocado a day along with your olive oils and mayos. i usually stay on induction a long time and those food have helped me if i start carb creeping (they lessen cravings) or if i find i am losing weight more slowly then normal.
don't forget your water and exercise!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 07:01

Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

i dont think that is true, some times your body will stop to readjust and you might stall for awhile; but just keep on going and the woosh fairy will come along before you know it you ll drop. seems like mine would readjust about every ten pounds.
best to just throw the scales out eat like your supose to and dont worry about it! atkins works its for life ya know!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 07:06

Stats: 116/116/110 Female 5'4
BF:15%
Progress: 0%

It seems that my body just won't let go of any more weight. I only have a few pounds to go and the scale just won't budge. I've been thinking of increasing my carbs. My fat intake is very high (about 75%) Should I increase the fat or decrease it?
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 07:09

Stats: 282.6/273.1/225 Male 6' 3"
BF:34/33/17%
Progress: 16%

If your body is 'starving', its because you're not getting enough calories. I've been on induction since February 04 and have had a 2 week period where I didn't lose weight, but I just kept up the diet, without any changes, and I did return to losing weight afterwards.

If you've stopped losing weight, try:

1) Check your caloric intake, make sure you're getting at least 1600 calories each day.
2) Try increasing the amount of fat in your diet a bit.
3) Increase the intensity of your workouts a little (this is a assuming you are exercising...which you should).
4) Just hold tight, the weight will come off.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 07:22
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 142/135/115 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress:

c preece
up or change your exercise can help....
adding metabolism boosters can help...(hotpeppers, ginger, cinnamon etc.)
also if your fat is at 75% (and thats healthy fat, not bacon fat) thats probably high enough. you could try changing it (add advocado or macadamia nut snacks)
also depending on what phase you are in you could go back a level
good luck
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 07:38

Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

you might need to get a body fat check, or you might have gained muscle...... cpreece scales dont tell the whole truth.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 07:53

Stats: 116/116/110 Female 5'4
BF:15%
Progress: 0%

I think maybe I've gained some muscle in my legs. I do an hour on the treadmill every morning. Also, I think I'll try different foods and see if that helps. I've been eating almost the same thing everyday. Thank you for the advice.