Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 12:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

I am most fortunate no one in the house lc's but me and my kids are real good about asking before digging in.
I think the idea about keeping the food in your room might not be a bad idea.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Ok, this might not be popular - but aren't these the people who put a roof over your head and feed and clothe you? how about just asking them not to take it - or to replace it. If all else fails, you might have to accept that they are your parents, they aren't perfect, adn you might just have to live with it or move out on your own. Good luck though
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 13:16

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 353/298.5/199 Male 6'2"
BF:No Idea
Progress: 35%

I know the feeling - of having moochers. My wife and son will eat my 'legal snacks' and leave me nothing. I get kinda annoying, but I just tell my self that they are helping me by talking away any temptations...

Then I seen the bag of candy bars (the mini-one), and sodas, and chips, and ice cream... well you get the idea. And I wonder WHY DO THEY EAT MY SF JELLO AND NUTS??

But then I see his smiling little face and move on.

PS: At least neither of them are willing to cook my meats and eat them...

Rick
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 13:40
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

It really bites when someone else in the house eats ONLY your lc snacks,lol. I deal with that myself. So I put some out for the eye to see and some in a drawer.. Kinda makes me snicker.
Angel
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 22:57
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade74
What would I do? I would buy a huge bunch of lc chocolates, the ones with the absolute most maltitol that you can find and leave them in the pantry... maybe after they have to fight to get to the toilet they'll leave your $hit alone. Jenn

ROFLMAO. I can see it now. . .
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 23:28

Stats: 200/200/180 Female 5'6
BF:0
Progress: 0%

i hear ya!!! this is soo funny because the same thing happens to me...

whenever i find my stuff missiing my dad's like..SO WHAT? YOU EAT OUR STUFF TOO...WHY ARE YOU SOO CHEAP?> YOU LIVE HERE RENT FREE...blah blah....its really a pain...but i feel ur pain
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 05:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

i know its not funny to you; but is to me i just started eating the lc ice cream and it taste great and the atkins shakes i love em. i get one bowl out of a half gallon and then it is gone. i carry the atkins shakes to work and somebody there likes em too because they come up missing too. i buy the four packs and usally get to drink two of em... must be rats lol. if i bring pork skins to work i have to bring enough for everybody. cheese sticks you name it if i buy someone will eat it, the only thing they wont eat are my sardines i love em. oh well life is sweet / without sugar. hang in there it ll get better..... way to go your doing great
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 05:51
Registered Member

Stats: 256/190/180 Male 69 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 87%

With a look of horror on my face I would ask who had eaten the packet of “BAD” whatever food. Then suggest that they shouldn’t move to far from a toilet for at least 4 hours,

that should cure them.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 05:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

yea i like jades ideal that should work. s/a really mess me up give him some of them.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 11:20
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Sadly...I like the LC chocolate solution too....terrible of me...

THEN...I would buy a little lock box, put it in my room, and put all my non-refrigerated items in there.

I feel for you, I paid my way through school too and know how tight money can be, even if living at home.

GL.....remember they're still you're family and do what you can without leaving any "permanent" scars.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 12:08
Registered Member

Plan: HFH
Stats: 297/291/200 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Maybe get a old trunk with a lock and keep your pantry stuff in your room?
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 14:43
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Tell your dad that living the Atkins diet is turning you into a meat eating specie and that you may eat him one day when no other meat is left for you to eat!!

Seriously, I like to share my low carb food with others since it makes them know that low carb dieting means eating tasty foods. I don't like them to think that this diet means deprivation.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 15:56

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks youre parents are completely disrespectful. I grew up in a single parent household and my mother and I had mutual respect for each other. If I bought something, she would ask to borrow it/use it...etc, etc. And I would do the same with her. There was no "Well i'm the parent in this household and I'll do as I please" crap in my house. If I bought special food, she would ask what it was for and if she could have some. That's just proper respect for people in your household. I hate how parents talk down to their kids. You're obviously old enough to have a job and have earned a little respect. They ought to respect you and keep their paws off your stuff. If they can't, then they have defniitely food addiction issues they gotta deal with. Yes, you're living there rent free...why? CUZ YOU'RE THEIR KID! They might not "owe" you more than that, but the least they could do is be courteous. Explain to them that you have a limited diet and if you don't have food available you won't be able to stay healthy? Sadly enough, that's how I explain it to my kids when they ask why they can't devour my LC snacks. Your parents have a million other food options, tell them to eat their own dang food. Not like you're asking them to buy your LC food then yell when they eat it. It's your money, tell em' paws off!

~ Cori ~