Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 20:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277.5/277.5/199 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Imber Moves

Alright, the weather is nice. It's time to get outside and run! On Saturday I got started by heading over to Mom and Dad's. I ran about 1.25 miles and walked briskly back. It felt great! I used my new Rio Cali 256, which really helps me keeping moving. I have to say...it is the perfect device for jogging. It's durable. It has no hard drive so it can't skip. It's easy to use and comes with an armband instead of a belt clip, which makes it super easy to operate without stopping. I loved it!

I am disapointed I didn't built on the momentum and go running on Easter or on Monday. But at least I went to work out last night. I did an easy circuit of upper body at a very nice fitness center. I had a guest pass and decided to check it out. I'd love to join, but egads is it expensive. After lifting, did about half a mile on their indoor track before they closed.

Not a bad start. By the way, I am finally in new territory today...down to 252 pounds. I don't know if a couple days of exercise helped give me that push, but I'm guessing so.

I hope this journal will keep me motivated!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:59

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imber
I used my new Rio Cali 256, which really helps me keeping moving. I have to say...it is the perfect device for jogging. It's durable. It has no hard drive so it can't skip. It's easy to use and comes with an armband instead of a belt clip, which makes it super easy to operate without stopping. I loved it!

Oh the pleasure of Rio:-) Mine is a little less advanced model (S35), but I really enjoy the armband option. After 5 minutes I cannot even feel it.

Any music preference for running?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 14:43

BF:

Yesterday, I went in to work for a few hours and then had a friend drop off my car at a local park about 2.5 miles from the store. I jogged partway there and then briskly walked the rest of the way.

I am starting to make a habit now.

I think I'll check out another local park, closer to where I live. I think they have trails, so I'll put on my old hiking shoes and have a little walk.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 07:53

BF:
Default A little hike

Went on a short hike yesterday at Seven Lakes State Park. It was great exercise and the weather was beautiful. I spent about half an hour on one of the trails...it wasn't particularly well kept, but I didn't mind that at all. Only challenge was that I didn't bring a map along with me, and it was interesting trying to keep on the right loop. Next time at this park, I'll keep a map on me. I spent another half hour walked around a lake at the campground area. It was kinda sad, since the campground was closed (permanently?) with the buildings boarded up and so on. It would be a nice place to visit at dusk, because there were all kinds of deer tracks down to that lake.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 14:30

BF:

Well, I haven't exercised in a few days. But I'm heading out right now to get moving a bit. It's getting ready to thunderstorm, so I'm going to check out a different local gym. Free 14 day pass. I don't know how much they will cost, and I don't yet know if they have an indoor track. Treadmills are not my thing. Hehehehe. Have I mentioned that?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 18:01

BF:

The gym I went to check out was very small. I didn't bother going in. It was 5pm and the small parking lot was nearly full. When I get more of my weight off and start concentrating on resistance training, I'll check them out. They definitely did not have an indoor track of any kind.

So I went hiking again instead. I checked out Holly Recreation Area. I took a 2.5 mile hike around Wildwood and Valley Lake. I took a map with me this time! I didn't listen to music today, just enjoyed the sounds of the outdoors.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 09:59

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imber
Galadriell,

I was just watching Fellowship of the Ring while doing a bit of house-cleaning and I thought of you. Just wanted to log in for a bit and thank you for all of the advice lately. A friend and I have agreed to do the Crim this August. I'm nowhere near ready for a marathon, but I am going to do a smaller race...and whether I run it or limp over the finish line dead last, I'm going to finish it!

Imber
Imber,
go for it!! This Crim seems to be a well organized event, and 10 miles is a nice challenge. It is easily achievable even with the most careful slow approach.

Among my advices should have been: register to a challenging race. There is nothing more motivating than a race sign on your fridge:-)))

About Marathon. After you finish a 10 miler, you want a new challenge, to finish a half-Marathon. After a half-Marathon you want again a new challenge, to finish a Marathon.... You are so young, you have plenty of time:-))

You live in a wonderful place. What would I give for similar nice trails... Treadmills are devil's machines. Taking away all the joy of running... I do not have problem to run 3+hours outside, but after 30 min I am suffering on a treadmill. I am fortunate, here in South CA you can run 350 days/year outside, but I understand the need for inside running in less fortunate places:-)))

Last edited by Galadriell : Thu, Apr-22-04 at 10:07.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 06:27

Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default OK, so I noticed you have a gym log

I guess later maybe if you please sir, will you help me set one up............... or should I just wait until I actually start working out regularly!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 09:30

BF:

Well, Chantell, maybe creating a gym log will motivate you to work out?! It's super easy to do, when you're ready. Just go to The Gym Logs Forum and create a new thread, just like when you created your journal!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 09:32

BF:

Fast walked 1 mile on Sunday. It's been rainy, wet and cold lately and I've wanted to get hiking, but it wouldn't have been fun. I need a better collection of music for my Rio so I won't be so hideously bored when I decide to take a regular walk (or jog).
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 18:24

BF:

Yesterday I walked and jogged a mile intermittently. I'm super out of shape for jogging. Even though I weigh a good thirty or more pounds less than when I was jogging so much two summers ago, I have no stamina now, my legs aren't ready and my whole body shakes and aches on my frame like I'm in an earthquake. It will take a while to get to where I can jog comfortably again. Not a problem, I'll do it. I still want to run the Crim in August. We'll see if I can do the 10 mile or not.

Tonight, I walked a quarter mile, jogged a mile, and walked a cool-down quarter mile. I sorta got into a groove near the end. It felt pretty good. I need to keep this up and I'l sure I'll be doing much better in a few weeks.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 20:38

BF:

No jogging or walking today, but I spent about 5 hours moving boxes and stuff when I cleared out part of my storage unit. I think that counts as some exercise.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 21:37

BF:

I jogged 1.5 miles tonight with a quarter mile warm up.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 12:22

BF:

Jogged a mile before going to work.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 22:39

BF: