Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 09:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Not exactly new.....

I started LC on 10/10/01 and lost 7 lbs. the 1st week. I found this site on 10/20/01 and welcomed all the support and tools I found here. But, I did not lose any more weight and I got more and more discouraged with each day. By 11/10, I said goodbye. Well, there was just no place else for me to go, I have, like everyone else, tried every diet known to mankind. I have been gaining and losing the same 20 lbs for the past 30 years. 1 1/2 years ago I quit smoking and lost my best diet tool, so those 20lbs quickly became 40! So, even though I did not post, I stayed with LC and HALLELUJAH!!! this morning, after 20 days, 2 lbs down. A total of 9 lbs in 1 mo.!
I'm offering this info to all of you, who like me, have no where else to go, it may take us forever to do it, but at least we're eating foods that taste good while we're doing it.
I'm going to start a new journal and I'm interested in trying to copy the alternating Stillman/Cal boost challenge. I won't join the challenge because I don't have the time to keep the kind of records the group needs. If any of you Challenge participants read this (or Stillman followers) I have 2 foods that I would like to know would be permissable on Stillman days.
Turkey Bacon - 2 slices (30g) 40 cals, 1.5 g fat, 6g protein, 0g carbs- ingredients, turkey, water, salt, smoke flavoring
High protein Shake- 32g 120 cals, 3g fat, 20g protein, 2g carbs
ingredients too long to list, but essentially a protein blend of soy, whey, egg whites and gluten
Thanks for your help, my exercise program now includes an attitude adjustment every day!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 09:55

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I can't answer your questions, but I did want to say welcome back. I know exactly how you feel. I'm a diet jumper and serial restarter myself. I think the only way to do it is to stop thinking DIET and "I'll lose 20 pounds" -- or even 10 pounds -- in X amount of time, and focus on changing the way you eat for life. When I made that switch in my head, everything became possible. I cannot control the scale. I can control what I buy, cook and eat.

Good luck to you!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 13:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the welcome back, Alto, and you are so right. I love you phrase "serial restarter" and of course Monday was always the restart day!
Good luck to you this time, just think if we never "stop" we'll never have to "restart" again
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 13:51

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi mrsvvt2001 and Alto,
I can so relate to everything you two said about 'diets'. This is my WOE because it is the ONLY thing that really works for me. And like msvvt, my weight loss is so slooow that I just want to scream (or cry) at times!! I love this website because when I feel that way, reading the posts from all of you wonderful people who understand, reaffirms my resolve to go forward!