Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 00:47

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Applebee's Low Carb?

I was wondering if anyone had eaten LC at Applebee's. They don't have anything specifically LC on the menu and I couldn't find nutritional information for them anywhere (except for their low fat items).

I went there recently and had the Fiesta Lime Chicken (grilled chicken with mexican ranch sauce and melted cheese) and a side of veggies. Does this sound like a safe meal? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 01:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

It sounds pretty safe to me if the mexican ranch sauce doesn't have sugar like taco seasoning usually does. I don't know what's in the sauce. Sounds good though. I usually substitute the potatoes or rice pilaf for a side salad. My DH substitutes cottage cheese for that stuff.
They just built an Applebees down the street from us. I ordered steak and the veggies they were serving was broccoli and zucchini. I also ordered a salad and of course Ice water since I haven't found a restaurant with diet rite or Hanson's diet soda yet. I'm just waiting for a restaurant to get a LC dessert menu. that's the hardest part for me cuz I used to love the chocolate peanutbutter cream pies at Shari's. Oh BTW..the Shari's near our house now has splenda for the coffee as an option. Annie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 05:43

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Thats a new one! I might have to try it..was it good? I always have a chicken caesar salad no croutons... always a safe bet I think!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 05:59

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

Wings baby! That;s what I always order. I asked and they said they fry them plain and then toss them in sauce. I don't usually like the sauce (makes them slimy sometimes) so I just get mine dry with the sauce and blue cheese on the side. Plus my Applebees has 1/2 price apetizers after 9pm. I'm all about that!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 06:38

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 310/216/225 Male 6'-4"
BF:34/20/20
Progress: 111%

Sante Fe Chicken Salad ... hold the tortilla chips....

Very low carb.

Lettuce, cheese, salsa, guacomole, sour cream, grilled chicken breast, black olives, mexi-ranch dressing.....

and HUGE!!!

They offer it in HALF or REGULAR sizes. I'd highly recommend it.

63 pounds and dropping.......
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 06:39

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybs
Wings baby! That;s what I always order. I asked and they said they fry them plain and then toss them in sauce. I don't usually like the sauce (makes them slimy sometimes) so I just get mine dry with the sauce and blue cheese on the side. Plus my Applebees has 1/2 price apetizers after 9pm. I'm all about that!

haha same here.. ALWAYS order the wings!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 10:26
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Applebee's is extreamly hard to get nutritional infor for. This is because they are very regionalized and different areas will have different menus and recipes.

I love thier salmon cesear salads. They are huge and very filling. I've also learnd that you can get the steak and shrimp cajun cambo, and request no sugar in the sauce. Apperently they make thier own seasonings here. Thier fajitas aren't bad, though most places add sugar to the fajita seasoning. I tried the fiesta lime chicken and found it knocked me out of ketosis, not sure why. You can also order thier riblets nakes (though if you do the all you can eat they insist on sending out fries after the first tiem, even if you requested no fries the first round)
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 16:49
Registered Member

Stats: 145/135/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I learned on this board awhile back that applebees marinades their chicken breasts with something that has a bit of sugar in it - and it keeps throwing people out of ketosis. ALL of their chicken breasts - even just a plain chicken sandwhich. I'd be very wary of the lime stuff, too. Since the nutritional info isn't available anywhere, I'd avoid it.

The only thing I'll eat there is a burger & veggies --- or the steakhouse salad.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 16:52
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I have bad luck at applebees Every single time I have gone there without fail someone spills something on me. I have had chicken dishes spilled on me, drinks spilled on me, you name it.

I am not even nasty or fussy or anything. Now I just wont go there anymore.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 16:55
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Bunless burgers and side salads for me.