Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 22:15
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%
Wink over 100 to lose

Hi, I'm 7 days into the Adtins program.
I'm tickled pink...because I lost 4.25 pounds in my 1st week. I can't believe the appitite has gone the way it has...I guess that's the biggest shock for me. I want to lose over 100 pounds. I have tried so many things in the last 10 years. This is the 1st time I've felt hopeful in such a long time.
I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm excited...so excited...I can't even explain how excited I am.
I was happy to see so many people who are just getting started. My husband saw that I lost over 4 pounds on my 1st weekly weigh in and said..."How do I get started." That's the best thing, now we can do it together.
I wish everyone else just getting started good luck. We can do it!
...I found that it's easier after one week to walk past the dessert isle at the cafeteria where I work. Also, they've had doughnuts al week at work, and I don't even have a desire to have even a bite. I know the minute I take a bite...that's it, I'll have to go through that first few days again.
...That was the hardest part for me, but once I got through a few days...I know I can do it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 22:26

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hi

What a wonderful attitude you have I'm sure you'll do great!! Everyone here is so wonderful...you can't help but succeed!! My husband, too, has been asking questions about starting. I really would like him to read PP first, so he understands what's going on in his body and has a better understanding of LCing. Otherwise, all he's going to be doing is eating what I put in front of him...it would always be a "diet" and not a WOl.
Keep up the great work !!! (who needs those donuts anyway-NOT US !!!)
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 08:28

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Cheryl, welcome to the forum and to LCing 4+lbs is fantastic. Do you feel better as well? More energetic, sleeping better? The side effects of this WOL are wonderful

Having your husband on board will make things easier; I know it sure helped when my boyfriend started LCing with me. Its also great to have that support network at home.

Point and click your way around the site, be sure to check out the "Low Carb Tips" section of the forum and have a peak at some of the Journals our members are keeping. You'll see you're not alone in this.

Best of luck to you and your husband !
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 09:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/213/135
BF:
Progress:

Cheryl,

Welcome!! This too is my first week lcarbing and i love it. I still have the sugar desires but I know those will go away soon!!! I am trying to get all my friends to start lcrbing with me!! I haven't lost "weight" yet, but I feel SOOO much better!

I just wanted to wish you good luck and lets keep in touch it can be motivation!!

Have a great low carbing day!!
Stacy
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 09:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Hello there buddy!

Hi and welcome cheryl. I am sabrina and I am starting my second week of the induction on the atkins. You made me excited just by reading your post. I am so happy for you that you are excited to be here. This is truly a wonderful place withe tremendous people who are so resourceful. So don't be afraid to ask. I've asked alot of questions of natrushka and I hope she's not pulling her hair out. Anyways good luck because we are all in this together and WE WILL SUCCEED!!!! Have a wonderful day, Sa
brina
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 14:02

Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Welcome!!!!

Hi Cheryl... Welcome

since starting... I am newbie... but I don't think the passion will die off... it just seems so perfect for me... eating great food, looking forward to exercising (can you believe it?)... steady energy.. no surges or weakness... feeling of strength.. confidence... piece of mind... let's see what else can I say...

Welcome ... good luck... kiss that hubby of yours for doing it with you... my partner John and I are doing it together... he is losing his burrito ('was' his favorite food) belly....

and I am becoming a Juicy Goddess....

Ramona
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 21:33
Living LaVita LoCarb

Hey, thanks for all the responses. I made ground hamburger burritos for my husband and a guest. I put lettuce on a plate threw on some taco meat...onions....a few pieces of tomato...a few tablespoons of salsa and some sour cream. It was just as good as eating a burrito. I'm starting to get the hang of this.
I still need to learn a few things like, if you want to fry up some chicken...and we can't use flour to coat the chicken????What do you use? Any Ideas?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 22:01

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl R
I still need to learn a few things like, if you want to fry up some chicken...and we can't use flour to coat the chicken????What do you use? Any Ideas?

Pork rinds and mayo. Honest. It's great. Dip the chicken in mayo, or slather it on, then roll it in crushed pork rinds and fry. Tastes just like regular fried chicken.

Nat
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 22:19
Living LaVita LoCarb

OK. so I got a quick response to that one...and I will definately try it..
Next question... Other that Nuts and Pork Rinds...what do you all munch on during a foot ball game or a card game when everyone else is having chips and cookies and crackers?
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 23:13

Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Hi Cherly and welcome to the board!

How about raw veggies; for a dip, try this . Cold roast beef rolled with cheese or cream cheese (especially a flavoured cream cheese). There are lots of things, I just can't think of more right now Just make sure you have enough to share. The others might want your goodies, not theirs .

Check out the recipe icon on the orange bar at the top; read journals, you'll get ideas there. LC eating will become effortless before you know it.

Good luck
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 23:27

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Nat....You're AWESOME! I was just wondering if crushed pork rinds would work for breading!!!You always have the right answers!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 01:29

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%
Default WELCOME CHERYL

I'm sure you will enjoy this board...there are so many positive...helpful...friendly people here.
I also have ....(had) over 100 lbs to lose. I try not to think of it that way tho. I make little goals for myself. Like 10 lbs was my first. Then my d/h bought me a purse. My next 10, I am going for a massage....etc. You get the picture. I find that for me, looking at the BIG picture...I get frustrated. My first big goal is to get below 200 lbs...that will leave me doing the happy dance.
Good luck to you...and you are lucky that your d/h wants to join you in your journey to your new life...