Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Your Score on the Carb Addict Test?
0-2 No addiction 3 1.91%
3-4 Mild addiction 8 5.10%
5-7 Moderate addiction 32 20.38%
8-10 Severe Addiction 114 72.61%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

#46   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 05:35

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

I tested at moderately addicted. No surprise here.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 07:06
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%

I checked everything but the diet and the eating after you're full. Which makes me pretty darn addicted.

The thing is, despite the fact that if I retook it today, I'd be not addicted at all, I know that I still AM a carb addict. I don't think it's something you can just... get over. You can refuse to give in to it, you can live around it... but it's always there.

Ten years from now, at my goal weight, I would still be wary about eating anything with sugar in it. It wouldn't take long to fall right back into the same trap that got me here. If I knew how to eat in moderation, I wouldn't have this problem.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 07:22
Twinkle Toes

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I scored a 9 and wasn't at all surprised, when I think to how I was eating before I started LC'ing I'm amazed at all the poison I let into my body. I feel so much better with just this first 20 lbs off, am looking forward to the next 20 coming off and the next 20 and so on and so on until I'm a mere shadow of my former self, almost.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 07:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

I would say before lc'ing I had a moderate carb addiction - if I didn't have them, I didn't want them...BUT, put a plate of spagetti in front of me, and I didn't know when to stop - I could easily eat 2 plates full - plus other stuff. I have never been the type who could have a little of this and a little of that and be satisified....today I can!
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 08:09

Stats: 250/130/150 Female 5' 1"
BF:Not anymore!
Progress: 120%

Yup, if I give pre-lc answers I score a 9.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:30

Plan: Celiac Disease
Stats: 215/190/115 Female 5'3
BF:35/?/10
Progress: 25%

I'm with Twinkles10, which I had know about this 20 years ago, I could have avoided getting diabetes. I scored ten. I'm a serious carb junkie.

Laree
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 10:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/194.5/140 Female 5' 9
BF:too high i am sure
Progress: 50%

i am absolutely a carb addict, i recently found myself in a binge between mine and my husbands birthdays and easter, it's been a week and i have already gained 7 pounds, my birthday is tomorrow and i am restarting then to get myself undercontrol, i have actually thought about trying cad to see if that would be a better place for me, i am currently reading the books so i'll see...hugggs to ya ..

barbara
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 11:27

Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

The before-LCing me scored at a moderate carb addiction level. Not now! Also now, I'm so much more aware of what's going into my body, and how certain foods work. Knowledge is power!
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 12:31
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Wink

I scored a 9. I thank God that I found this WOE because before I felt like crude 98% of the time. I was always popping advil or something too because some part of my body always hurt....but after a few days on LCing it all stopped.
Whooohooooo I love this WOE!!!

Hugs~
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 08:46

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiesask
I started out doing CAD but I turned the reward meal into a binge. It was like me telling one of my alcoholic clients that they could drink as much as they wanted, but had to do it with in an hour per day. Since starting Atkins I feel like I'm in control for the first time in my life and I'll be forever grateful.

Same here.

BTW - pre-Atkins I would have been a 10. I don't think anyone who scores as severe could really handle CAD. As you said, it would be like telling an alcoholic or drug addict that they could still 'use' but only an hour a day.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 09:47

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

I am truly a carb addict. As LCChickFL stated, I cannot do CAD since I would not be able to stop, just as in the case of giving alcohol to an alcoholic or a "reward" of crack to a crack addict.
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 10:06
Contributing Member

Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

I am a Nine (9). And I never had a clue. Would you believe that I actually thought I had a healthy diet before this WOE? I would complain to my boyfriend of 6 years "I don't know why I am gaining weight (2 lbs per month), You see what I eat, I never pig out!" And he would agree. I was never a big eater, or a fast eater, but I LOVED MY CARBS! Not Candy, Not sugar, Not chocolate, Not Bread and Not Pasta (I hate noodles) but potatos, mashed, baked, fried, any way, any how, any time. And I thought that was healthy! I really did. I am so thankful for the knowledge that there is nothing "wrong" with me, I can loose weight, I just need to "actually" eat healthy.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 18:25

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%

I scored an eight. I could not do CAD either, both hubby and I felt our cravings never went away and it was hard to stop at the end of the hour. We have used reward meals to get us through a hard situation like a party or something but have decided to not do that anymore. It just makes it way too hard for us. We do much better on Atkins instead. Stephie
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 06:56

Plan: meat and meat by-products
Stats: 270/191/150 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
From Breecita: The thing is, despite the fact that if I retook it today, I'd be not addicted at all, I know that I still AM a carb addict. I don't think it's something you can just... get over. You can refuse to give in to it, you can live around it... but it's always there.

Breecita summed it up exactly. I was and am a 100% carb addict. I cannot stop eating sugar or grains once I start--I can't understand how anyone can have just one piece or candy or one cookie and be satisfied. I can easily eat an entire box of cereal at one sitting. I was at an open house recently an there was a whole plate of homemade chocolate cookies. A guy asked his daughter if she would split a cookie with him. I wanted to strangle the guy--I felt like shouting, "Split a cookie?!--you go walk around the rest of the house and watch that entire plate disappear by the time you return!" I will always be addicted and therefore can never eat sugar or grains again. Once I reach my target weight I may experiment with fruit, but that's the extent of it.
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 09:22

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I scored a 9. I'm definitely a carb addict. I never knew how horrible I felt eating carbs until I started doing low carb. I feel so much better now! I wonder if everyone that's not addicted to carbs always feels this good?