Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 22:02

Plan: My Own/Atkins
Stats: 500/364/225 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Happy Easter & What Is Your Easter Menu?

Happy Easter everyone! We are having ham, deviled eggs, green beans and for the rest of the crew also beans, potatos and pie. I feel a bit ripped off on Easter treat-wise but my treat is feeling good! I even splurged and bought myself a bag of Hersheys foil wrapped eggs sugar free but the thought of spending Easter in the bathroom plus elevated blood sugar made me toss the bag out...oh well:0)
I made a sugar free strawberry pie instead.
How about all of you? I am always curious what other people have in thier low carb holiday menus.
Nibby
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 22:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/230/130 Female 65 inches
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 38%
Talking Yummy!!!!

I wanted to start Atkins earlier like on Easter Sunday than waiting around until the 13th because we're having BOTH Prime Rib and Ham so I figured, yeah, there'll be junk but the meat will be mmmmmmmmmm. Plus dill pickles and olives and eggs and broccalli. Everyone else will have their carb foods but what's the point when you can start day one of your new way of eating with PRIME RIB!!!!!

Sounds Good Eh!!!

Charlie Girl
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 00:24

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Well..since it's just my DH and me...and DH can't eat much because he has an active tooth abcess and it hurts to eat...so I guess I'll be mostly on my own......if the food was okay, I could be eating with my Dad (he's in a retirement home) but I've worked too hard to get this far...and I'm not gonna cheat...nope...not me....
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 07:57

Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

We're having my parents over, so we're doing a ham, baked potatoes (which I do not like anyways), green beans, huge salad, sweet potatoes rolls, and for the non lc'ers there will be angel food cake with strawberries and cream, and I made a low carb coconut cheesecake for me and my daughter who are on Atkins.
I'll eat ham, beans, salad and cheesecake.

I think I'll do deviled eggs now that someone else mentioned it.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 08:27

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

After Mass, we are going to Outback! I'm getting filet mignon with blue cheese, sauteed mushrooms and salad.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 08:32
Amazonian Princess

Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some
Progress: 0%

DH and I are going to my MIL's for dinner, I have no idea what's on the menu!

I figure there will be ham or lamb, so I'm safe there. There's usually a veg side-dish, so that's ok. SIL makes some great mashed potatoes, so I'll be passing on those (but I have the memory of how great they are--that's enough for me! No need to taste them any more! )

Mom suggested I bring dessert....I made a carb-laden coconut layer cake.....I hate coconut so there's no temptation there! I haven't seen the family since I started lc'ing after Christmas, so they don't know I'm lc now. MIL & SIL are *very* opinionated, so I doubt I'll mention lc'ing.

Hope everyone has a great holiday---the lc way!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 08:56

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

We are going to my sisters. With 2 diabetics in the house, 3 on Southbeach and me doing my own lc plan, I think we'll have good lc foods. I'm making Donald's cheesy broccoli chicken and some SF chocolate mousse. I know there will also be a ham, deviled eggs and green beans. And my mom is making a birthday cake (non lc) for those that can eat it. We celebrate several birthdays that occur this time of year, too.

I'm just hoping we can take the focus off of the food for once.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 08:57
Twinkle Toes

Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Happy Easter to everyone.

On my menu is a roast turkey since we had a lovely ham a couple of weeks ago, the DH and DS decided for me. No problem, I like them both.

Hubs has started roasting the bird at 275f, he herbed it yesterday with paprika, cayenne, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, inside and outside the bird. Refrigerated it over night, added an onion in the cavity before cooking. It will cook for 6 hours at that low temp, makes it very moist.

We have a poultry rack type thing where you sit the bird on it so in effect it cooks standing up, the juices drip into the pan and he bastes it often. I'm going to make a turnip casserole for myself and corn and baby carrots for them, they will of course have mashed potatoes and gravy.

I'm looking on here and other LC recipe places for a dessert that is permitted during induction, so far I've found one, Mascarpone Parfait, made with that cheese and cream, splenda and a sprig of mint. Bon Appetit everyone!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 08:59

Plan: Curves
Stats: 315/286/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Turkey, a big salad, devilled eggs, lamb, fresh green beans, sweet potatoes (not for me) and a birthday cake for me! No, I am not going to eat it, just blow out the candles. My birthday was last week, but my family birthday is today. I'm sure there will be other goodies there, but I'm not really tempted at all. I've actually filled ds's basket with toys, and one small chocolate bunny. I want him to be able to enjoy holidays without needing to celebrate with carbs. He doesn't mind, I just threw out the rest of his halloween candy.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 10:38

Plan: Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 318/180/178 Male 5'11"
BF:?/16/16
Progress: 99%
Default Easter menu

I'm having ham, broccoli, + salad for dinner and jello w/whipped cream for dessert. The rest of the family will also have scalloped potatos, glazed carrots, and dinner rolls I think. Happy Easter everyone!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 10:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Ham, cauliflower w/cheese, broccoli, tossed salad, fruit salad, glazed carrots, dinner rolls, scalloped potatoes, ice cream and cookies for dessert. Lots there that I can eat. I've got sugar free candy if I need sweets.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 12:29
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein's Diabetic Solu
Stats: 230/190/150 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm going to in laws to day. Ma is making a ham and some kind of beef, everyone else brings a dish to pass, A high carb nightmare. Since I am a diabetic I can not and will not cheat. Ma was worried about the menu when she just found out about the diabetes so I told her I was bringing a giant salad and would eat the meat. I am also bringing my ever present half gallon sippy cup of crystal lite and a sugar free low carb ice cream bar for dessert.

I'm not looking forward to comments from my no-it-all judgemental sister in law who is the most critical person in the world and her daughter who is very much like her mother. After they criticize my diet I will show them how baggy my jeans are, smile as I inform them of my weight loss and eat my healthy food while they eat crow!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 14:13
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 285/272/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 8%

Today it's just hubby and me so we're not really do anything huge. We're making deviled eggs and we each have a small roaster chicken marinating in the carb option bbq sauce!!! hmmm smells yummy I 'm looking forward to it!!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 14:50
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

When the DS went off to college 5 years ago, and STOPPED coming home for Easter 4 years ago, my DH and I decided it was time to let someone else cook Easter dinner for us. But--it had to be lamb! So--for the 3rd year (last year they were closed) we're going to The Acorn in Menlo Park, CA. Of course, DS is back home (graduated last May, and is not yet in grad school...he's trying to decide where he wants to go and what branch of mathematics he wants to focus on), so it's the three of us this time.

Since we got home about an hour ago after singing our 3rd Mass in under 18 hours (Vigil last night--call was at 6:45, Mass started at 7:30, and, since there were no baptisms, only went to 9:45; then, call at 8:15 for the 9:00 Mass, which went to 10:15, giving us 30 minutes before the 10:45 Mass, which got out at 12:00 [no, we didn't stay for the 12:30 Mass!]), noone feels like cooking. And The Acorn makes wonderful lamb!

Jude
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 15:00

Stats: 298.2/216.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:definately....
Progress: 55%

DH is out shopping now, and says he's going to grill a lamb. We'll have a salad and some vegetable (depends on what looks good to him while he's in the store) with that.

I DID go out and buy Easter candy for the kids. It surprises me how much I am NOT tempted by it. To be fair, I did NOT buy my absolute favorite kind, but still. . .

However I am wearing a skirt I've never worn before, and while it will look even better in another 15 pounds or so, I look good, and got lots of compliments at church today. It helps keep the motivation up!