Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 00:29
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/184/130 Female 5ft 3
BF:alott
Progress: 53%
Unhappy dilemna

my dilemna, besides wondering if I spelled that right is......I started this diet program "Transformations" (hcg injections, appetite suppressants, low low fat) on 3-15-04 and to date Ive lost 8lbs...possibly more and supposedly 11inches( I weigh in tues). I have dieted with success two other times and used Protein Power philosophy. Each time I lost considerable amts of wt. (85, 65) but unfortunately gained it back. I chose the current diet because many friends are on it and have done quite well but I dont have too much faith in it. I hate the low fat diet....its very very restrictive and I miss my low carb way. I feel like I should give it a fair chance because of the $$ Ive invested in it, but I like the quick results I get with low carb...............any suggestions? and has anyone else out there done Transformations?

Last edited by swimminups : Fri, Apr-02-04 at 00:34.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 01:30
Registered Member

bump to the top
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 01:33

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%

Hi and welcome

Personally, coming from the UK I've never heard of transformations.

The one thing I like about low carb is that it is relatively cheap, there are no excess costs. You have done things well before with protein power and I think if you are happy with low carb then you should do so again.

May I give you a few words of caution. Firstly each time you try to lose weight it does become progressively harder and so the success is harder to achieve as your body gets used to the swings and roundabouts. The other think I would ask is why you let all that weight go back on again? Low carb should educate you how to eat better and control your weight. Even if you have the odd time off, you know how to get back in control. I have now lived the live for over 2.5 years and know this is how my eating plan will be for life.

I hope you come to a decision soon on the path for you. Only you can make that decision.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 05:18

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

I believe LCing is sheaper then the old way of eating.

It does get harder ad harder to take off, making it something you need to tell yourself you need to saty on. Remember this is a wol not a diet. It's forever!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 05:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

I guess I would be cautious of any diet that calls for injections and diet suppressions. That isn't going to help you change your eating habits and choices. This will, if you stick to it.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 12:15
Registered Member

well theres really never an excuse to pack the pounds back on but stressful situations in my life seem to be the reason I get lax in my eating and forget that low carb will be my wol............
the reason I went to the current diet Im on is, my last attempt at low carb failed.........I dont think my heart was in it, and this diet seemed so easy (looks are decieving)........thanks for the input!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 14:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Many of the folks now doing low carb did it after they lost weight on a low cal program. If you are having success on a finite length program you can use that time as an opportunity to prepare for a healthly future on lowcarb.Plan hopping before results will just add back on the pounds .
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 15:48
Registered Member

Well my current diet (transformations) is NOT a wol......thats for sure. I have always been most successful with the low carb (protein power...to be exact).. I guess I will cont. my current plan till I hit my first plateau then Ill switch......I am bound and determined to keep it off this time.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 00:16
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Stick with us here when you start getting the "urges" and we'll help keep you on track. Soooo many people have helped me, I want to "Pay it Forward".
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 05:18

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Who can beat eating healthier over injections? Try eating better foods add olive oil, butter, Mayo to your foods and watch the weight come off. remember you need to have your heart in this to suceed. Good Luck with what you decide
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 06:21

Plan: Moderate carbs
Stats: 155/151/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 40%

I would be scared of any plan that requires injections! YIKES!

Low carb is surely the way to go for me. I am losing slowly but is a far more healthier approach I know.

Ok so what happens after you lose the weight on this plan you are on or do you keep taking injections/pills forever?
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 19:00
Registered Member

yeah i agree.......ive done lc before and had amazing results......no more injections. I just did my first "cheat" since i started the "injections" diet so I think tomorrow would be a great day to start my protien power!!!! wish me luck, and I will keep you posted!!!!! thanks for everyone input...sometimes just throwing ideas out there and getting replies helps.