Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 11:07
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
Just because he brings home sweets doesn't mean you have to have them. Yes the temptation is more, but you can over come it. Hide his things in the pantry in a special section just fo rhim. Or in an area of the freezer you aren't likely to hit them

When he offers you food, or brings home something for you, just be polite and firmly say "Thank you for htinking of me hun, but I really can't eat that." If he persists or pushes ask him directly why he isn't supporting you. He may not relize what he's doing makes you feel bad. He might also not know anyway to show you he cares besides bringing home a treat. If it's the case of soemthing sweet that was ment to be romantic, tell him no thanks, but maybe you can do soemthing like a long walk together, or he should pick up a movie next time. Give him actuall suggestions to follow. Some people do need instructions spelled out for them, I know I do at times
I have tried all the "above" suggestion, but to no avail. I don't really miss most treats (with the exceptions of chocolate and donuts) or pasta and potatoes that much, but when something that I really love is put in front of me I will eat it. That is my problem as well as the fact that I have a real hard time throwing away food. I was raised by my grandmother who lived through the Great Depression and always made me finish every bite on my plate. She actually was one of those people who said I should be grateful for all my food, "just think of all those starving children in China." She actually said that. The result? I am now obese. I realize my weight is MY responsibility ultimately, but a lifetime of thinking like that makes me very hesitant to throw away food when my husband brings it to me. It isn't just my husband either. My son gave me a huge heart- shaped box of chocolate candies for Valentine's Day. Maybe if I could just say in my mind that these things are POISON I can make myself throw them away.