Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 12:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I'd like to join too. 175 is my next goal, which I don't expect I'll attain until at least the end of the year, especially since I've been going nowhere on the weightloss for months. Today's weight was 4 pounds up from yesterday. I've been gaining and losing the same 10 pounds for 5 months. Fridays sounds good to me.
Fishie - 200
Hislady -
Kelly - 201
Lise- 196.5
Magpies - 198
Paris -
Rocky - 198
Strudel - 181
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Fishie nice to see you again! Haven't been keeping track of you much I must say, bad me . Glad to have you join us in the countdown!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 16:56

Stats: 230/194/140 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hello,
I guess you can say about me...better late than never. I would like to join this challege, too!
I usually weigh myself every other Friday, but will start weighing every Friday now on.
I was suprised to get on the scale this morning and I was down another 5lb, which makes me weighing in at 200.
Also, I did get all my water intake in for the week, plus I exercise every day this week. I kept my carb intake around 25 to 30. Best on all, I met my mini goal of 200 before Easter.
Have A Great Weekend!!

DebRN -200
Fishie - 200
Hislady -
Kelly - 201
Lise- 196.5
Magpies - 198
Paris -
Rocky - 198
Strudel - 181
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 17:08

BF:

Way to go Deb, you are soon to be in Onerland! The change in number feels really great! You have been doing amazing, when did you start lc'ing. As the song says... Don't if feel good!

Have a great w/e
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 22:36

Stats: 230/194/140 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Hi Lise,
I just can wait to get into onerland!! I'm just so excited that I have made it 200, but onerland is going to be even better. I started LC January 12, 2004, which I have been at it for eleven weeks now. The journey has been worth it ,too!!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 02:46

Plan: Low Calorie/Low Carb
Stats: 208/175/133 Female 62
BF:32%
Progress: 44%

Warm welcome to Fishie48 and DebRN, look forward to getting to know you.

Julie

DebRN -200
Fishie - 200
Hislady -
Kelly - 201
Lise- 196.5
Magpies - 198
Paris -
Rocky - 198
Strudel - 181
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 20:16

BF:

OH OH! I was worse this w/e than I was on my holiday. Went for Greek... lots of low carb stuff in the platter we shared but some not, the 1/2 potatoe wouldn't have been so bad, the large amount of calimaria hmmm that was not great either (but it was the best, so tender and a very light batter) but then I threw caution to the winds and did a what the hell, which I have not done in the 9 months I have been lc'ing and said yes to sharing tiramusu, thinking it wouldn't be a big piece... Yah it was huge, not a lot of cake either but lots of sugar in the marcaspone cheese. Maybe I can make it up by Friday. Thinking of joining Curves and seeing if I can jump start things. Will go and see tomorrow.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 03:29

Stats: 222/178.4/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Strange, I guess they tried to do a system change yesterday, and anything that got posted before they rolled back got lost.

Anyway, Magpies, yes, there are roughly 2.2 pounds in a kilo. I'm still trying to get used to kilos (I only have scales in kilos), but I like that it sounds so much lighter than lbs!!

Here's hoping everyone has a good week.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 08:00

Plan: Atkins my way
Stats: 198/180/165 Female 62
BF:44/43/42/40/39/38
Progress: 55%

Hello Everyone!!

Sorry for posting late. I see we are all off to a good start. I did terrible this weekend. So I am being really strict for the next week or so. Trying to stay in the parameters of 20-30 carbs a day. May not be strict for some but it is for me. I don't have the internet at home so I can't post on weekends unless I'm at work and I wouldn't be to happy about working on the weekends. Not here anyway!!

My current weight is about 185.5. I haven't changed my profile because I just don't want to! . I have nothing but time with my loosing. So I'm off to loose loose loose. I am striving to be a big Fat looser!!

Hey I was wondering is there anything besides that old fashioned orange juice to help with getting rid of the common cold??
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by hislady
Hello Everyone!!
Hey I was wondering is there anything besides that old fashioned orange juice to help with getting rid of the common cold??
Hi Hislady,

I take ecchinacea and also vitamin c plus zinc tablets, find that boosts my immune system and I fight off colds much quicker. Also gargle with a mouthwash which also seems to help.

Had a horrendous carb count yesterday, I stopped counting when it hit 70. Consequently up to 200 today but hopefully that is all water and will disappear by tomorrow.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 14:56

Hey Magg,

Thanks for the advice. It turns out that what I have are allergies . But this only means that summer is nigh!!! I am so so excited about that!!

I did good yesterday with my eating and I have done well today to despite the fact that I am starving!! Whenever I stick to the rules of this WOE I find that my hunger at first is ravenous then it subsides then picks up again. It may be because of weight loss well so much for wishful thinking .

I hope everyone has a great lc day!!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 22:23

BF:

Quote:
Whenever I stick to the rules of this WOE I find that my hunger at first is ravenous then it subsides then picks up again
Do you think hislady that you may not be having enough protien and/ or enough fat? Maybe check it out, or their may be hidden sugar/ starch carbs in something that you are unaware off. Just a thought as most the suggestions on this plan is that your feeling of hunger should be reduced.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 08:31

Hi Everyone!!!

I hope you all are having a killer week (I mean that in a good way of course). My week has been painful as my IBS is kicking my butt!! As a result I haven't eaten anything really. If you wanna know details check out my journal.

Huggs--You may be right. It kind of depends on the time of month it is. I read a thread about TOM saying that your body burns an additional 500 calories a day during this time so this kind of explains my extreme hunger during my TOM. As for other times I may need to increase my fat intake. Idunno.

Anyway Happy Thursday!!!

DebRN -200
Fishie - 200
Hislady -185
Kelly - 201
Lise- 196.5/ 196.9
Magpies - 198
Paris -
Rocky - 198
Strudel - 181

Last edited by hislady : Thu, Apr-08-04 at 09:51.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 09:47

BF:

I have to wt in today as I won't be at work tomorrow where the scale is. I am up less than 1/2 # (actually down a pound from monday and my out of control w/e ) so not as bad as I thought it would be. Next week I am planning on joining Curves. Was going to go this week but with the extra long w/e and other commitments didn't have time. I will that is WILL START next week!

good luck to you other loosers . Will we just keep our current wt/ or do weekly? I will just add mine and see what you decide. I hope this is the right list it is the one. Hopefully I haven't dropped anyone off.

DebRN -200
Fishie - 200
Hislady -
Kelly - 201
Lise- 196.5/ 196.9
Magpies - 198
Paris -
Rocky - 198
Strudel - 181
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 10:09

Have a good day off tomorrow Lise. I'm down from Monday too but still higher than last Friday, hopefully it will say 198 again tomorrow. I like your idea of putting in each week's weight. Keeps the goal focused.

Determined to be good over the holidays but to have a really great time. They have these really cool crisps here in the UK which are unusual flavours, treated myself to 5 today with my coffee (giving the rest of the packet to DS - useful to have teenage children who can eat all they want, isn't it). The flavour I had was roast lamb with mint - yum! DS is now polishing off the rest of the packet as I type!