Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 14:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpecker
Yes, you can pretty well assume its trans-fat unless otherwise posted (and I haven't seen that yet). That usually includes chicken parmignon, chicken wings, french fries, zuchini sticks, meat balls, anything fried (e.g., bacon and eggs) - the works. I got my local restaurant to use olive oil on the Greek salad, but that's it so far.

Add salad oil to that list. I caught a glimpse of the ingredients for Ryan's [Liquid] Salad Oil a while back:

Quote:
PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED AND WINTERIZED SOYBEAN OIL WITH POLYGLYCEROL ESTER, A CRYSTAL INHIBITOR ADDED

Needless to say, I now bring my own Salad Oil made with Olive and/or Coconut Oils.