Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 14:42

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 182/182/140 Female 5 ft. 5.5 in.
BF:36.5/36.5/27
Progress: 0%
Smile Starting LC again!

Hello,
I've decided this week to start the LC way of life....again. I lost 20 lbs last year while I was following a modified Atkins diet and then gained it back...plus more

I have to ease my way into the low carb meals, though, because I'm so obsessed with my sweets (usually as an evening treat) that I have no self-control. If I do it gradually, then I don't have as tough a time sticking with the diet. Plus, my partner doesn't want to follow the low carb way so that's even tougher on me.

I hope to be able to post progress here and make some headway by Christmas. I don't expect to take off all the weight I want quickly but I want to try to get to a maintenance weight so I feel better about myself.

Thanks for reading,
Stephanie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 15:57
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile Hello

Stephanie,glad to hear you found the forum and your back to the WOL again.
cant wait to read your journals in weeks to come and watch you melt away..lol
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 16:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Welcome

Hi Stephanie

{I have to ease my way into the low carb meals, though, because I'm so obsessed with my sweets (usually as an evening treat) that I have no self-control. }

That is exactly the reason why it is important to go through induction - to stop the carb cravings and get into Ketosis.

Evenings are vulnerable times for most people. I found coming online is a great way to keep myself busy and my mind off food. Doing anything fun and enjoyable is a great way tackling those dreaded weak moments in the evening and making them your STRONG moments.

It is challenging when other members in the same household do not follow LC but then they might not need to lose the weight and at the end of the day you have to do what you feel is right and good for you.

Good Luck. Take Care.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 16:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 271/271.5/145
BF:
Progress: -0%
Thumbs up

Stephanie:

I hear you! I too have decided to start over on the LC WOL. I tried last year and had moderate success, but started easing off it, and like you, had no support at home. My husband says the LC way of eating is "too restrictive", but he does support whatever I decide. I feel that if I make different types of meals, not the usual , use variety and mix it up with recipes found online, then it will be better for both of us.

I know that we all need others to share with and help us along the way, and hopefully this is where to find those people. I want to make that commitment to lose......and have nothing stand in my way Good Luck!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 09:58

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 182/182/140 Female 5 ft. 5.5 in.
BF:36.5/36.5/27
Progress: 0%
Question Thanks for the support and ideas

I do wonder what to do with all the food in the house that I can't eat now! And I have quite a bit - it would be a huge waste of money to throw it all out. Granted some of it will get eaten by my partner.

The biggest stress right now in addition to having the weight problem is that I'm buying a new house and moving in 1 1/2 months. It's very hard to make the right meals at night since it doesn't seem like I have enough time. I guess I should just plan my meals for a week at a time and maybe that would be much easier on me. How do people handle the working late and being busy once you're home to make good meals? I know my Mom used to do it and to this day, I don't know how she did!

Anyway, thanks for listening...I had a cheese omelet this morning...it was very good and I'm not hungry yet!
Stephanie