Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 07:05
Registered Member

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 242/178/160 Female 5'6
BF:??
Progress: 78%

<<Hang in there TOM can do some funky things!!>>

TOM and stress can do it to you. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing this winter and I think a lot of it was stress. I had problems at work this winter with a co-worker (who is now gone) and was a lot more stressed than usual. So now that she is gone and things are more back to normal I am losing again!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 07:19

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

I can't see anything in your diet that should be causing a problem Some of us are slow losers. I literally through periods of months where I might lose 2 pounds and nothing but then all of a sudden I'll lose 10 suddenly. It is slow but it still comes off. Just try to be patient and go ahead and drink the diet rite and eat the pork rinds. Don't let yourself feel restricted. Eat what you are allowed to eat and don't be too hard on yourself. Some of us just have to be slow losers I guess!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 19:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/141/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%

This happened to me, too. I was fortunate because someone posted wise words about the "3rd week slowdown" and so I didn't feel panicky. But my "3rd week slowdown" lasted THREE WEEKS! I was frustrated but my clothes kept getting looser and looser although the scale wasn't budging. Then things began to happen on the scale end, and now I find that it's just a typical pattern--a few weeks of scale weightloss, followed by a slowdown on the scale, and here I am--three months later--18 pounds lighter somehow and 2 sizes smaller...Works for me!

Be patient and do not stress out. It will allllllllllllllll work out!

Best wishes,
Nancy