Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 13:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Stomach virus...help!

I've been passing a nasty stomach bug back and forth with my children since Sat. night... Does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat that won't upset my stomach too much? I've eaten locarb toast and diet ginger ale but am really craving pretzels or something carby.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 14:44

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Try just getting some chicken broth.. they may help (((((hug))))
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 16:58
Beach Bum

Plan: da Beach looking for Sun
Stats: 250/229.5/163 Female 5ft 5in
BF:not/ahot/clue
Progress: 24%

You have my sympathies as I just went through that the other weekend. I had a bowl of plain oameal (a really small one with some cream and splenda) I I felt much better. It still took a couple of days to get back to normal but the oatmeal really hit the spot. I hope you feel better soon.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 03:42

Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

Been there, done that! I don't have alot of great advice except that I ate baby rice cereal with splenda and I can't remember if I had soy or rice milk. I know that normally I'd have soy but I was giving the kids rice milk since they were sick for so long I didn't trust them with anything else. I know it was high in carbs but I didn't eat much and I figured I wasn't on induction so I could splurge. Also saltines are about 2 carbs each so you can get away with one or two when trying to introduce foods. I also had sf jello. (yep, the bad aspertame kind- but at that point I didn't care) For soda- I had Talking Rain, Tangerine since I don't like ginger ale. Oh- I also had some lime koolaid with splenda to get a good taste in my mouth. I gave the kids chicken noodle soup and I ate the broth. By the time the bug ended up in their intestinal tract (diarrhea) and I had to put them on the BRAT (banana's, Rice, applesauce and toast) diet I was giving them smoothies made of Bananas, Rice and applesauce with crushed ice for something different. I even gave them applesauce (sweetened with splenda) on toast for a treat. They thought it was applebutter! Good luck- I know it's not only hard to take care of yourself on a LC diet but to give the kids what they need and not make them bored. They complain much easier then we do when they're hungry or sick of the same old thing. Annie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 09:10

Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Thanks everyone. It's slowly starting to pass...I appreciate everyone's help. I did break down and eat some crackers. Hopefully, I'll be back to spicy pork rinds before too long!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 12:15
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Drop a whole chicken in a stock pot, cover with water and boil the heck out of it. You end up with a wonderful chicken broth. That or after you remove the bones, dump in LC veggies for a chicken soup.

Diet Hensens has a wonderul ginger ale that could help. It can be hard to find though. You might try some hot tea and alot of rest
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 12:31

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

There are low carb crackers out there. Cheeters has some. I found a local store that specializes in low carb products. You might try looking around where you live. They have helped me greatly when I get colds and just don't want anything else. They are also great with peanut butter and jelly.
I agree with the chicken broth as well. Next idea instead of oat meal maybe try wheat bran and some flax seeds mixed. I love to eat that for breakfast and it really sticks to the ribs. Keeps me full for hours and helps when I have an upset tummy.

I hope it passes more than slowly. It's really hard trying eat right when your tummy doesn't feel well. I wish you the best.

Deana