Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 22:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 262/232/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Question for the ladies...

I have noticed that in the two weeks before TOM, I crave sweets and I end up eating a lot of frankenfoods (and consequently I lose nothing)... Then the two weeks after TOM, I'm absolutely fine, with no crazy desire for sweets. Does anyone else have this? How do you deal with it?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 23:13
Contributing Member

Stats: 195/183/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:too much
Progress: 16%

Could I suggest you post exactly what supplements you take daily. There may be some things that you could try which would decrease these cravings.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 05:25

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Oh yeah!!! I know a lot of people who go through this. Just hang in there. Maybe make your own Jello with Heavy cream to help the cravings
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 07:39

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Arrow

Although I don't have "sweet craves" right before TOM.... I do have salty crave and tend to overdo the salty foods thus retain more water (this month 4 full pounds of water weight and TOM is due any minute). I also find I drink LESS water which is not good. I always lose when TOM finishes...the water weight plus at least 1 - 2 lbs...I rarely lose weight the week before or the week during TOM and I hear many of us are like this.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 10:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

Yes I do have this!

Here is how I deal with it. I try not to make a big deal about it and just follow my cycle. There is a time of the month for Frankensfood and a time of the month for losing weight. When I feel too miserable, I complain endlessly about it in my journal. It helps to vent, sometimes...

For me the key is: Frankensfood is OK, cheating is not. My body lose when it is ready for it.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 10:26

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

L-glutamine helps me stop the cravings around TOM. I have only taken it in capsule form but others say that the powder is more effective for a quick fix.

#7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 11:02

Stats: 237/192/150 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Cool

Yes, oh yes! I just went through this last week. Lost nothing for about a week and a half and then IT started. I wanted sweets all the time. I delt with it by making some odd snacks for myself. My favorite was taking about 2-3 oz. of cream cheese, mix with 1 pkt of Splenda, 1-2 drops of orange extract and some whipped cream or sour cream. It's just like cheesecake in a bowl. (YUM!) I also made some suger-free jello and bought some LC ice cream. Hey, you gotta do what ya' gotta do!
By the way, this week I've started loosing again. Just a monthly bump in the road, I guess. But still no excuse to go off-roading!