Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 20:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/193/140
BF:
Progress: 56%
Thumbs up low carbing update and a question

Well tomorrow makes it the big 10 for me 10 weeks on atkins. I am down 23lbs.. so just a little over the recommended 2 lbs a week.. I have had 2 cheats and one "planned off day" which gratefully I needed in a sense. It made me realize that my carbs and calories were a little too low.. after that "carb fast" instead of a gain I had a 3lb loss over the next 2 days. for the first 8 weeks I had keep to induction level carbs.. but for the last 2 found that I am at my optimal best at around 38-40 carbs a day. I feel great and not only have I lost the weight but gotten rid of those pesky migrains.. which I'm sure everyone has seen me rave about.

OK now as for the question. with the weight loss. I have developed these umm well "hollow"/fallen in spots in my cheeks.. they are just the dark areas up near my cheek bones that just look like my face is falling in or something. This is not a good pic but you can see what I am talking about some what. I dont' normally wear make up but have started to try to cover them up but nothing seems to help.. does anyone else have this problem??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 36.jpg (72.6 KB, 161 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 20:30

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Candi, not sure if this will answer all your questions, but there's a post in this thread by Elihnig about fat migration that you should read: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...ND+redistribute

Congrat's on the weight loss to date. When i started out on PP i was eating between 40 and 50 carbs a day and losing 3 lbs a week, it's very possible that your body does like that range the best

Nat