Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 12:50

Plan: low sodium/IE
Stats: 201/200/199 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default krispy kreme opens in calgary today!!!

give me strength!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 13:00
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Drive fast past Krispy Kreme and don't look back.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 13:43
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 199/166/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hey Jennyl, I know what you mean. In BC, KK opened a month or so ago. I decided to bite the bullet - so to speak - and I had 1 of the original glazed. Now you may already be a big fan of KK, but you know, it was really sweet and it was - just a donut. Tim Horton's are good too, but maybe I am just not a donut fiend. I decided a while back that if this is my new WOL I would allow myself some deviations from the plan as long as I plan for them. Was it worth it, the 200 cals etc? Yes, and now I know what I am missing and life goes on. Depending where you are at you may want to drive on by, but if you don't because you already know what you are missing, think of whether it's really worth it. Remember the old slippery slope. Just consider these words from a buddy whose slid down the slope before.

#4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 19:43

Stats: 210/210/160 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Went to Krispy Kremes in Delta, BC. And they were oh soooo good. Sweet...very sweet. I hadn't low carbed that whole weekend I was in Vancouver. I had 3 donuts just on the ride home to Kelowna. We waited 45 mins in the drive through at 10pm. Some people actually line up for 3-4 hours! crazy.

I've had my fill of Krispy Kremes for a long long time. Just tell yourself it's not worth 3-4 hours in line if you don't want to succumb to the evil Krispy Kreme.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 10:49
Registered Member

Stats: 330/266/230 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 64%

When friends used to travel to toronto,I`d have them bring me back 5 dozen which I would freeze.

But that was in a former life. No more of those for me now.

But I do miss them.... (sniff).
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 14:05

Stats: 185/179.5/140 Female 5'0"
BF:43%/43%/25%
Progress: 12%

That Delta BC Krispy Creme has been here for a while and I still haven't had a nibble. Too much of a hassle. One weekend my bf decided that he wanted to try one so we went there at 2 am on a Sunday night... and the drive-through line up was HUGE! So we said, forget it!