Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 04:09

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Power Protein Pals Monday March 29th!

Good MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH I am sorry, it IS pretty early, I will whisper next time!

Just came back from a night shift, not to much going on. Had a GREAT BD , Some of my family came down to suprise me! I planned ahead and enjoyed my cake and a regular bun for my grilled burger! AND IT WAS ALL GOOD!!!

Thanks to all of your BD wishes, Usually I do not get to celebrate it with family or do much since it is in the middle of calving and we can't be far from the ranch. Today I am going cold turkey, doing an induction type plan for a couple of days to get all of the sugar out!

Michele and Bawdy, Don't feel alone on the "far away friend" issue, I have lived here a long time and my best and closest friends are scattered in Illinios,and Kansas! The friends I have made here have either moved away or I have outgrown the party-mode and they haven't. When I had quit drinking much they sorda stopped calling, Not that I will not enjoy a good Smith and Kerns now and than.

Infact I am so excited that my BBBBBFF in the whole world is coming to visit the end of April!

THis group that we have here is wonderfull support!!

Well i am going back to bed for a few ZZZZZ, it is a Monday and back to school for my ds!!

Have a GOOD day!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 06:51

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Good Morning

Bawdy, AC and Lissette......I know what you mean about the friend thing!! I have been a net addict for almost 10 years now........I was on AOL when it was 3 bucks a hour Many of my friends are out of state, and I have met several through this medium. My co-workers I am sure think I am a tad strange! As bad as it sounds, I just don't have a lot of time to be social. I commute an hour a day, plus I do school online, so it doesn't leave much time to socialize. This is it for me for the most part.

As for country vs. city living, I have been a city girl all my life. I was born/raised in Seattle, and married a navy guy and moved to the Bay Area for 4 years, San Diego for 8, and now we are in Norfolk, Va for the last 5. I would love to live in a more rural area......as long as it was within an hour from civilization I like my malls and good places to eat!! My DH is retired now from the navy and not happy with his current job.....the make him travel way too much at with little notice. He is looking in the Detroit area, which is where he is from. Another big city

Bawdy, I heard Maine is very nice. DH was in Bath for a year while one of his ships was being built. I honestly would not mind living in the Northeast.

Well I ramble on!!

Have a good day all!

Robin
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 06:53

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Oh I almost forgot.......I figured I would re-post this since I tend to post too alte at nite....does anyone here do Pilates? What program do you use and do you incorporate it into a lifting routine? I am looking at incorporating it into my routine.

Robin
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 07:42

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Robin - I do a combo of Yoga/Pillates and cardio. I don't do weights anymore because I found that with yoga/pillates I get more than enough strength training. I don't think you realize how much strength it takes to do yoga. My schedule is as follows:

Monday - 15 minute ab class/1 hour yoga (he uses a little pillates as well)
Tuesday - 45 minutes cardio
Wednesday - 15 minute abs/1 hour yoga
Thursday - 45 min cardio
Friday - rest
Sat - 45 minutes cardio
Sun - yoga/abs (do tape at home)

If you wanted to still do weights you could incorporate it on a cardio day. I strongly recommend that you don't try to do weights and yoga or yoga and cardio on the same day.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 09:08

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Happy Birthday to Shelly

I'm back earlier than expected. My eating was good except for the meal at a Mexican place last night.

Glad to see most of you are doing well.

As for exercise - moved the belongings of a 15 yo girl from my step-daughter's home to my home. My granddaughter is coming to live with us for a while - she has some serious emotional problems and is currently in a psychiatric hospital.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 09:49
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HOLA!

Whoa .. Busy Monday already here.. love it!

I am being totally lazy so far this morning... I made a yummy salmon and cheese quesadilla for breakfast for a change up.

I, too have friends scattered all over..and just in the last year have been making friends here locally...and mostly thru the wonderful church that we go to here. My Massage friends from school are all over Atlanta...and that can make it hard to connect with and my sister who is my best friend, she lives 150 miles south of me.

So, I tend to make 'online' connections as well. I love it here.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 11:55

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

this is the 3rd time I have typed this...I love my boys but do I really need to wake up to my 2 year old flushing down a hot wheel ,we only have 1 toilet so I will have to take it out....I hate doing that...then he set off the car alarm,so I had to go outside in my jammies to turn it off...mondays

#8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 12:15

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Oh Elaine - I have a message for you ----
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 12:38

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

happy monday everybody.....

(or not so happy for unity.... gotta love kids!!!)

orang--sory to hear about family troubles...i hope things get better soon!!

elaine--thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery

ellie--one of these days i really am going to try yoga! i know my gym has some classes, i just need to find one at a time i can make it.

part of the friends problem is as you get older you have less and less places to meet people. especially once you grow out of the bar routing. i moved out here 6 years ago and met a bunch of bpeople in the neighborhood bar, i got tired of going there, they didn't... then at work, most folks are older then me and so don't really share common interests, and we have a lot of seasonal/short time positions, i keep making friends, then they move on to different parts of the state....i even tried the yahoo personals a couple of years ago looking for people my age/in my area to hang out with but the girls couldn't get the idea that i wanted friends with no "bennifits"..hehe

i have met one girl my age from this forum. it turned out we lived about 1 mile away from eachother so we went out to lunch one day and hit it off. she has stopped lc-ing, but we continued our friendship.

ok, i am stalling now...i need to get out and do some yardwork...yuck!!!...it is a nice day though...

have a good one!!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 13:46
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I figured I would re-post this since I tend to post too alte at nite....does anyone here do Pilates?
I do.

I go to a studio and have one-on-one classes on the Reformer. There's a little bit of mat and ball work but it's mostly on the machines. I weight trained for 6 months and wasn't getting anywhere so I switched and I'm so glad I did. My posture has entirely changed, my body "confidence" has developed and contrary to popular belief, it does build muscle. I've been in more pain with Pilates than I ever was with weight training.

I love it!

Karen
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 16:31
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

::waves::: Hi Karen!!

I posted this on another thread, thought you all might be interested. It concerns food labeling.

I have read that manufacturer's actually are allowed a 20% margin of error. Many fall in the 5% range.

Quote:
Florida is one of the only states that tests food products to see whether the contents match the statements on the label. And when the state finds offenders, it often does no more than send a letter of complaint. At times, that results in a revised label.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration last surveyed nutritional labels five years ago. It found inaccuracies in one of every 10 products - and called that excellent results.

With hundreds of thousands of products on the shelves, that means tens of thousands of those could be misleading consumers.

Variances Allowed: In general, a food company's claims have to be wrong by more than 30% to fail tests for nutrition content.

Federal law allows most products a 20% variance from the label; a product that says it has 200 calories can legally have 240. A cereal said to contain 10 grams of fiber would be OK even if it really had eight.

In addition, government food labs will account for a margin of error in testing of up to 10%.

#12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 18:27

speaking of lables...I was looking at one the other day
carbs-15
fiber-8
sugars-13
???????
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 00:06
Forum Founder

BF:

Hi Dawn! Thanks for the info.
Quote:
speaking of lables...I was looking at one the other day
carbs-15
fiber-8
sugars-13
What is it? What's the rest of the nutritional info?

Karen

Last edited by Karen : Tue, Mar-30-04 at 10:24.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 01:56

Quote:
What is it? What's the rest of the nutritional info
it was a frozen dinner...I was at work and was hungry...I work at fred meyers
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 10:23
Forum Founder

BF:

On a nutritional label, sugars and fiber are part of the total carb count. Not every label is set up that way but some are. I'm wondering if the fiber has been pre-subtracted which is why I was asking for all the nutritional info.

Karen