Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 13:58

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Success after plateu

I've been stuck here at 157 for almost 3 weeks. I've cut my carbs back to induction, that didn't work. I restarted induction and did that for 3days, that didn't work. So today on the 4th day instead of staying on induction, I'm trying the fat fast. If this doesn't jump start my weight loss again......... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my question to you all is after a stall of 3 weeks or longer, were you able to continue to loose weight on the Atkins or simular plan.

Second question, what did you do? Did you change your carbs, go on a fat fast, or just wait it out?

Thanks,
Heather
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 14:11

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

liddle, i'm with u there.. although i'm stalled like 5 weeks at least (i lost count lol) . I usually wait it out..and cut carbs back severely and giving myself a week to see if that helped.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 22:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default I hate stalls

I'm in a stall right now - I dont do anything different with my eating I tend to increase my exercise to make the stall break if I can. If that doesnt work then I wait it out and see what happens. I know its dicouraging but dont give up as all the articles say your body is just catching up to the weight loss.

Keep going!
Shannon
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 04:42

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

My longest stall/plateau (I make NO distinction between the 2) lasted 5 months.

If we had monitored our weight gain, we would have noticed that we weren't *growing* out of our clothes ever 6 weeks. We might go a whole winter and still fit into those same size 18 pants (speaking for myself now). Then the next winter, pull them out and have them not fit.

What I'm saying is that there were lots of plateaus on the way UP the scale.

Stalls break. I just hung in there because what else was I going to do?? Go back to Low Fat? NOT.

PS I did the fat fast, the induction up and induction down, carb days, you name it I did it. That's a GOOD thing because it makes you WORK your WOE. So hang in there and keep tweaking.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 21:25

BF:

LC WTG on your success!!! I can't even imagine the feeling of meeting your goal! Congrats!!!

Well, I tried the fat fast yesterday. I ate macadamia nuts all day. 5oz. worth. (don't like plain cream cheese) Then TOM ! I thought I'd never make it though the day. Not cuz I was hungry but not being able to eat something other than those darn nuts.
Anyway, lost a pound! After 3 weeks of NOTHING!!!
I tried to do the fat fast again today, but just got through 1 ounce of those nuts. They just taste like FAT to me. Anyway, I kept my carbs way down so we shall see what happens tomorrow! I was just thrilled to loose 1 lb. with TOM!!!

Heather
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-01, 04:17

BF:

I'm leaving this morning to go up North and had to let you know that I am now down to 154lbs.

WOW this fat fast really jump started my metabolism.
I don't believe it's water cuz it's that TOM.
Well, Thanks for listening!!!
It is so cool to have this board to vent to when unhappy about how things are going. Even greater when things are going well and you have someone to tell!
Heather
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-01, 06:18

That's wonderful Heather! Sometimes it just takes a little *jiggling of the handle* to make things start moving again!!

Glad it worked for you, and have a super trip "up north" - how far UP are you going?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-01, 12:57
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 340/302/225
BF:
Progress:
Default To Fast or not to Fast

Hi Girls,

Not too many men trying to improve their body shapes.

Just returned from 3 weeks on Waikiki Beach as my son is an intelligence officer in the US Navy and is stationed at Pearl Harbor.

Decided having lost 45 lbs I was going to enjoy my vacation and did a lot of cheating. It was fun while it lasted and I was pleasedd to learn that my weight gain was minimal. Back on the diet with the Mrs. and feel a lot better.

By the way, I love those macadamia nuts and they are abundant in Hawaii. Still got 90 lbs to go to get to my goal.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-01, 17:03

Plan: little carb
Stats: 150/150/130
BF:
Progress:

Hi Heather,

I signed up for Atkins placed my order but have not received it yet read a lot of things on computer but have not seen how many carbs you are allowed when you first start. I don't even know about this posting thread thing, if you could help me I would appreciate it.

Good Luck on your weight losing.

Thanks,

#10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-01, 06:28

Hi Judy - and welcome - you'll get the hang of posting on this board. The key is to be UNAFRAID and click on everything, you can't break anything here...

On Atkins your first 2 weeks is made up of 20 g carb per day, and those carbs come from green leafy veggies, cauliflower, asparagus and green beans... so for example a day for you might look like this:

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 3 bacon
Lunch - caesar salad and grilled chicken breast
Snack - some macadamia nuts, 1 oz cheese
Dinner - a steak, 1 cup of broccoli, sugar-free jello and real whipped cream (sweetened with splenda)

No caffeine, alcohol - and lots of water every day. Also a good multi vitamin....

Check out the orange bar across the top of your screen and click on where it says "Low Carb Tips" there are lots of good things in there.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 10:27

Stats: 199/174/145
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default WOW

LC I just have to say wow..... to see your lil icon under your name with 101% must be an awesome feeling....

On induction with Atkins I lost 3 pounds a week, then after a couple weeks its died, since then pound and 1 half a week tops. (still eating <20g day and physical activity 30mins a dayX7)
Is this something that happens which I should become content with or does anyone have more suggestions for me? Despite the fact its slow now, I'm still hoping to make it into some leather pants for the holidays Never been so happy, its an amazing feeling to know that I'll never have to be fat again once this comes off. Ahhh my first post heheheh
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 15:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/140/115
BF:
Progress:
Cool puzzle!!

let's see if anyone can explain this one:

i have been on this diet for about 2 months. i lost inches off my waist.... but no lbs. no change in my weight. hehehe!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 16:38

Stats: 199/174/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Why complain about that one? I've lost about an inch from my waist, nothing anywhere else,and thats 12 pounds. Sounds to me like it can go both ways... (although I think I like your way better)
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 18:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/140/115
BF:
Progress:
Question puzzle!!

hmm!???? that is weird. i guess inches does not equal lbs. whatever. no sugar is healthy, and that's all that matters.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 18:16

Jenz28 - thanks, don't worry someday someone will be saying the same thing to you!

A pound and a half a week is a good loss rate. You lost more during induction because some of that was water weight - (low fat diets cause us to retain excess water during the switch to low carb, your body lets go of that water)

The leather pants will come in their own time (hee hee- that might be the photo you want to post for us!!)

The loss of inches without the loss of weigh IS a mystery, isn't it? Well the fact is that your body is a living breathing thing... a loss of weight isn't like carving off part of your thigh. Your inches can change even if your weight doesn't just depending on a million things from exercise, to TOM, to time of the day (we are taller in the morning). We lose weight and skin tightens, we start to stand a bit straighter. Some things dragged down before, are now lifted (think of things like boobs and butts), we are enthused and start to exercise and tone - even without knowing it - energy goes up and we are more active.