Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 21:30

Plan: good fat low carb
Stats: 255/170/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default mushroom-coated beef tenderloin

Recipe Name: MUSHROOM-CRUSTED BEEF TENDERLOIN
Category: MAIN DISH
Serves: 4
adapted from a low-fat recipe

1 Pound Beef tenderloin, trimmed of all fat
1 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Pepper, black
1 .5 oz container dried shiitake mushrooms
1 Tblsp Flour substitute
2 Medium Egg
4 Tsp. Olive oil

preheat oven to 400 degrees

sprinkle beef with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Grind mushrooms to a powder in spice grinder or food processor. Place flour substitute and mushroom powder on seperate pieces of wax paper. Break open eggs on deep plate. Roll beef in flour substitute, coat evenly and shake off extra. Then coat in egg, allowing extra to run off. Finally roll in mushroom powder (use it all).

Heat oil in a heavy roasting pan over MED-HIGH heat.. add the beef and cook until browned on all sides - about 8 minutes.

Serve with your favorite LOW CARB veggie side dish

4 servings

this is for the ENTIRE recipe according to fitday

Calories: 674
Fat: 63
Carbs: 15
Fiber: 2
Protein: 15

I plugged the mushroom count in to be about 4 (15 g = .5 oz, right?), I also used soy flour (but will probably try something like pork rinds).. you may get different counts (and of course since we dont use all of the eggs/spices, the count will be lower). But even using the numbers above, net carbs only come to about 4 per serving..

I've not tried this yet but it looks SO yummy!! try it and let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links