Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 20:36

Plan: Cuttin'
Stats: 125/119/114 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

Another update... I thought to myself today, "Surely, if Zehrs has them, some Zehrs in KW, booming up-and-coming young metropole that it is, will stock them."

I spent a fruitful fifteen minutes with the Yellow Pages, and lo! the Zehrs at Ottawa and Strasberg... Laurentian Centre? has 'em, in their Coffee Bar. Right now, they have Hazelnut, Caramel, (the two flavours I bought today), Amaretto and Vanilla. The coffee bar manager has a bunch more on order, too, including the chocolate and the raspberry. And hey, that Zehrs also had another set of the flannel queen-size duvet and shams I bought in December. On sale! I'd been kicking myself ever since that I hadn't bought two. All in all, a short drive well spent!

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 09:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/185/165 Female 178cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Scotland

I just joined this week
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 09:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/200/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hello, all:

I live in Kitchener, and I feel like I've struck gold this morning. I haven't been on this forum for a few weeks, since I've been mostly out of town helping out with a new grandbaby. Anyway, while I was in the US I bought three bottles of the Atkins syrups - chocolate, strawberry and vanilla, and they are terrific. I was just starting to get worried about how I was going to replace them, since I probably won't be in the US for a few weeks, and the contents of these bottles are going down at a goodly rate. So.....as I say, I feel like I've struck gold this morning, finding out that Zehrs in the Laurentian Centre carries SF syrups. I'll make a trip over there and stock up.

Thanks for the info, CompasRose
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 08:51
Registered Member

BF:

Update on sf syrups at the Laurentian Zehr's. I checked in there and they had a good variety of the large bottles. Bought some Raspberry and Hazelnut. I was looking for chocolate, but was told by the coffee bar attendant that they were not really authorized to sell the Oscar's syrups, even though they were still selling them and ordering them. However, they have been limited to what they can order and will not be getting any other flavours. Fortunately, I was in Indiana again this week (have a new granddaughter there), so was able to stock up on some of the Atkins syrups. The chocolate syrup obviously is very popular, since there was only one bottle on the shelf, which I snapped up.

Does it sound like I'm obsessed with these syrups? I don't think I really am. I just like to have things on hand when I want them, and compared to the US, Canadian stores are very limited to the variety of low carb products we can get.

Sunny day in Kitchener today. Take care everyone and have a good one!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 16:53
Rikki Tikki Tavi

Plan: Keto Clarity & Atkins
Stats: 262.5/257.6/180 Male 5'-11"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Another Kitchener Person ...

Hi folks,

I'm in Kitchener as well. I was in the states and remember the Atkins bars when the were smaller and tasted MUCH better.

I have the line on the DaVinci Syrups canadian distributor in Toronto. I will have to look up the address and email to order.

I am about 10mins from the Laurentian Power Centre.

Tom.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 08:14
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy

"I have the line on the DaVinci Syrups canadian distributor in Toronto. I will have to look up the address and email to order."

Hi, Tom:

Nice to know that there are a few local people here. Would you please share your info on the Canadian distributor of DaVinci Syrups. I'd like to know whether they are available anywhere other than Zehr's at the Power Centre.

Wish I knew where to find low carb peanut butter. I didn't realize how much I love peanut butter until I started Atkins. A tablespoonful of peanut butter, a tablespoonful of cream cheese, and a tablespoonful of chocolate sf syrup makes a delicious alternative to peanut butter cups, which I love (although, truly, I haven't really missed them since being on Atkins). Have to watch that peanut butter, though.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 12:17

BF:

Sobey's in Waterloo at the corner of Bridgeport and Weber had a whole giant end display of low-carb stuff last time I was in, including the peanut butter, spaghetti sauces, a bunch of salad dressings, and the like.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 13:32
Rikki Tikki Tavi

BF:
Default GNC in Same Plaza as Sobeys

Hi,

I shop at the Birdgeport Plaza sometimes. Check the prices at GNC before you buy at Sobeys.

PS There is a new Nutrition Store on Fairway Road next to the Pita Pit.

Spartan Nutrition is the name - got some nice LC wraps there - caution, some prices are CRAZY.

Atkins Bake Mix $29.99 ($15.99 at GNC with my Gold Card).

They have the lowest price Atkins bars in town though - $29.99 for a box of 15.

At Zehrs they are $2.99, Sobeys $3.29. This is $2.00 a bar at Spartan Nutrition!!!!

Tom.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 13:51
Rikki Tikki Tavi

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodarby
"I have the line on the DaVinci Syrups canadian distributor in Toronto. I will have to look up the address and email to order."

Note the "at" symbol has been stripped out by forum ROBOT software to keep pirates from stealing email addresses. Replace the ~ with "at" symbol before sending.

Here is the email they sent me along with the price list (last year's ...).

They will ship or you can pick up the items at their shop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom,

You can order the Da Vinci Syrups by phone or by email at any time-
416-537-3439 or syrups~zuccariniltd.com

Please find attached a list of flavours and additional ordering information.
If you are unable to pick up your order in person the syrups may be shipped
out through UPS.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lisa McLaughlin

------------------------------------------------------------------------

DaVinci Syrups [syrups~zuccariniltd.com] is her email

The attached PDF has the list of flavours and prices. Good luck!

Tom.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Prices - Retail.PDF (55.9 KB, 14 views)
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 14:11

Plan: new revolution
Stats: 251/214/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 35%

I am in Kitchener also And I was at the laurentian zehrs and I couldn't find anything beside a few atkins products in the natural health aisle
but I found low carb icecream at Food Basics on Fairway and it was only 3.99
WOO HOOO
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 16:43
Healthy Glam'ma

Plan: Atkins-Suzanne Somers
Stats: 280/188/160 Female 67"
BF:weigh/too/much
Progress: 77%
Default Low Carbing in the KW/Cambridge Area.....

Hello,
I live in Cambridge, and delighted that there are so many of us in the area.
The Toronto group is having their 4th get together, and I wondered if anyone in this area would like to meet as a group for a lunch, and swap info on shopping, and recipe tips.
Thank you to those that have shared where to shop, its such a big help!
Syrups, I have tried and liked the Sorbee Maple Flavour w/Splenda, found at Hy and Zels on Hwy 24, Cambridge.
Love the Ross Dark Chocolate bars in the Walmart Pharmacy.
Sometimes, they have the Russell Stover SF Chocolates!! Yummm.
Lets talk,
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 06:59
Registered Member

BF:

Twinky, the sf syrups at the Zehr's Laurentian Centre are located beside the coffee bar. If you can't find them, as the person at the coffee bar...they might have been moved. It took me a while to find them myself.

Thanks for the price list, Tom. Hopefully the prices haven't gone up since last year. They were a couple of dollars less at Zehr's, so if you can get them in a store, obviously more cost efficient.

I'm going to be near the Sobey's on Highland in Kitchener today, so will pop in there and see what they have, as well.

Nice to have so many people starting to share their resource information with us all.

Nanna, I love those Ross chocolate bars, too. I saw them in a little chocolate shop in Guelph recently for about $2.99 each, which is almost double the price they are in Walmart. I think I paid $1.67 the last time I bought them. I think a meet-up would be great. I don't have a car, though, and would find it easier if it was held in Kitchener.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 14:28

BF:

The Nutrition House in Fairview Park Mall in Kitchener has gone crazy with the low-carb lately too. Granola, several kinds of questionable-looking "bread" rolls in boxes (how long do those keep for???), baking mixes, the Labrada low-carb chocolate truffle bars (which are really good) and lots of other stuff, a whole aisle full.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 22:41
Rikki Tikki Tavi

BF:
Default low carb rolls very perishable ...

Quote:
several kinds of questionable-looking "bread" rolls in boxes (how long do those keep for???)

Beware, protein breads get mouldy fast - I learned the hard way and got VERY, VERY ill from eating moldy protein bread. Be careful!

I ALWAYS freeze mine. Zehrs carrys these and they are ALWAYS in the freezer.

Tom.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 10:36
Healthy Glam'ma

Plan: Atkins-Suzanne Somers
Stats: 280/188/160 Female 67"
BF:weigh/too/much
Progress: 77%
Default Kitchener get-together........

Jodarby....
Meeting in Kitchener would be just fine with me. Would be great to get a good group together, so we can share info and recipes. I have found lots of great recipes on various forums and web sites, that would be more easily shared by computer.
After trying one low carb bread that tasted like saw dust, I only eat what I make myself, and keep it in the freezer. Bread makers and food processers are almost a necessity for this WOE.
Found another dark chocolate bar (love dark) made by Sorbee, 80mil in a gold wrapper at Hy and Zels. Hwy 24 Cambridge carries a number of bake mixes for muffins and pizza. Still cheaper than buying on line.
Happy shopping lcer's and keep in touch,
Cheryl