Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 16:07

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

...this is impossible ,I am down a 1/2 pound this morning.
I wonder if my scale is ill.
Thanks you guys.
Pene
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 18:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/192.2/120 Female 60 inches
BF:

Way to go Penelope Keep it up!!

Jill
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 18:42

Plan: no plan - just low sugar
Stats: 230/227/130 Female 5' 2
BF:thats why Im here
Progress: 3%
Smile yeah Penelope!

If you think your scale is broken, don't have it fixed! LOL! Just jokin! Congrats!!!

I'm journaling and then off to the Girl Scout sleepover! Wish me luck! Have a great night ladies! Tera
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 11:48

Smile Hello All!

Good morning! We had a wonderful time last night at the GS sleepover. I cannot ever sleep in a sleepingbag only w/no air bed, ever again however. Wow, did that hurt my back! I was up all night tossing and turning too. I feel fine now, esp after 4 cups or so of coffee! I had to have the caffeine, I mean my right eye wouldn't even open! Serious! I am going to make up for the partying I did last night by being a good girl today.

How was your Friday ladies? I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I know you have to work this weekend Jill. I was supposed to, but the 3 kiddos are still sick! WOW! Poor babies!

Today is a busy one. We have the opening ceremonies (dh and ds already there), and a game (baseball), then a Bday party at 3pm. Well, gonna go surf the forums, we'll talk later, Tera

#50   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 15:30

Plan: my own! (lcing)
Stats: 106/104/57 Female 5Ft nothng
BF:
Progress: 28%

Wow Tera
it all sounds full on at your place, Yet sounds like fun!
Just called in to say hello before I head off to work.
Take care all
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 20:21
Registered Member

BF:

Wow, what a weekend Tera!!!!!

Hi Luanna!!

Tera you are lucky that you live in a climate that you can party like that this time of year. The closest we get to a baseball game is on the playstation

OK women stuff (men don't read this). It's that TOM and I think this is the heaviest it has ever been. Any correlation?? I wonder if it's just my hormones getting back to normal. I don't know if this has been dicsussed here before or not but any suggestions or references to other posts that you guys have read would be appretiative (OK men you can resume reading)!!!

Have a great Monday. I will try to check in tomorrow morning if I can get to my computer
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 11:34

Default Hi All!

Just wanted to check in and say hi! Sorry about TOM Jill. I don't know if there is a correlation, but I think so. If your TOM has always been light, it may get heavier as your insulin and hormones get regulated. At least that is what happened to me when I finally achieved pregnancy almost 11 years ago.

Weel, kids are a comin! They are all better. I need to go eat before they get here.

Bye for now, Tera
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 18:03

Jill or anyone else out there? Hello!

I have a few family members coming over tonight to celebrate my ds's 10th birthday. I can't believe he is already 10! WOW! Very busy cooking a feast. I have been saving calories for it. I'm getting hungry!

Talk with ya soon I hope,
Tera
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 18:36
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Tera,

Did you miss me????? I have been so busy I couldn't even get to my computer What a week. Tell your son !!! It is such a trying age but yet so wonderful at the same time.

I have been eating a lot of food it seems although it is very good food I probably won't gain any but I doubt if I'll lose any either. Oh well this time last year I didn't even care so I guess my mentality has improved over then.

Everyone take care,

Jill
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 18:40
Registered Member

BF:

[SIZE=7]TERA!!!!![COLOR=Magenta]

OH MY GOODNESS I just noticed your 199.5#!!!!!!! Sorry I didn't see it the first time I replied but WOW!!!

Keep it up,

Jill
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 19:53

Thank you for the nice words Jill! I am watching my 6mo old niece who must be held at all times for 4 days. She is trying to grtab the keys as I type with my one free hand. Just wanted to let you know I'm still here! Tera
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 19:18

Stats: 212/170/120 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Hi there!

I had to respond to your thread, and once I started reading the posts, it sounded so familiar. I am 31 years old, 5'0" and weigh 212. I have PCOS, and was infertile for so long. I recently had a baby with the assistance of clomid & HCG shots. Of course the pregnancy left me with an abundance of weight that I need to lose. I plan to start the Induction phase of the Atkin's diet on Monday, and my hubby is going to do it with me. we are very excited. I decided to get back involved with this forum to find support and inspiration from others.

Kristi
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 15:36
Registered Member

BF:

Welcome Kristi,

Congratulations on the birth of your child. I started feeling better immediately when I cut out the carbs. It is amazing. Even though I was going through life "surviving" I wasn't completely part of it. Every thing that was planned had another thought attatched to it - How much energy and participation would it entail - Sad but true. Now I seem to plan things then worry about how I will find the time or energy to do it.

My husband is also participating with me. I think it means the world of difference. Of course he has already lost more than me, but I expected that.

Nice meeting you,

Good Luck,

Jill

P.S. Tera, are you still surviving???? Hello!!
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 09:34

Welcome Kris! Hi Jill! I'm baacckk! Baby is gone, yeah! What a screamer, but so sweet when it was just her and I. Gotta go do the drop-offs (daycare school-aged). Talk in an few! Miss ya! Tera
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 11:52

Hi all!

Jill, I just want to say that I am sooo glad you are hanging in there. It really helps to get back on track knowing that I have people out there waiting to see what I'm up to.

Kristi, you sound so familiar! I'm so happy for you that the clomid and shots worked for you! Conrats on your precious prize! I tried clomid for a third baby to no avail. I wish I had known then about PCOS so I could have LC'd too! Can you tell us more about the baby? Boy or girl, size and all that good stuff?!

I put on a few pounds last week and am going to be strict on myself starting today! I kind of let myself go with the baby being here and all. Excuses, excuses! Really, it was too much to LC and journal and everything else! I'm just not used to infants anymore. But... I'm excited to get back into the groove!

Talk soon!
Tera