Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 07:53
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Protein Power Pals- Friday, March 19

Can you believe its Friday? And its the LAST day before SPRING!!! YES!

I love spring.. and the only thing I do miss in my 6 years of living here in Atlanta, are the lilacs from up north....I so love their fragrance and no yankee candle can ever duplicate them!

Welcome to anyone that is popping in today to our Protein power thread! If you have any questions or thoughts, please feel free to jump in and share!

Have a great day folks! Going to get my passport today... so I can finish completing the application to volunteer for the summer olympics in Athens this summer! Wouldnt THAT be something?

edited to add: OH.. guess what I had for breakfast? Yep.. SNOT... lol..actually, after reading your thread over in general low carb Bawdy, and all the suggestions, I added the flax seeds after nuking the water and cream, and it really did remind me of MAYPO once I added the SF syrup. Maypo was a mapley version of cream of wheat, I dont even know if they have it on the shelves anymore, but it used to be a REAL treat for me when Mom would get that when we were growing up.

It was good. But I will be honest, I am not full, maybe tomrrow I will double it, or add something... Oh, I did add some wheat germ to it this morning.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 08:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Oh wow, that would be so neat for you to go to Athens! I hope they pick you. I had a lot of friends that volunteered at the Olympics in Salt Lake City. They gave them a whole outfit to wear, plus tennis shoes. They didn't feed them much though, they feed the athletes really well, so that's good.

I've been on this WOE for 12 days and I've lost 40 pounds! Don't worry, I'm eating everything I'm suppost to. This morning I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in a bit. And gosh, do I feel good!

#3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 09:29

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning friends

Yesterday's menu:

B - 2 eggs over easy, 4 oz ham, 3 cups coffee w/H&H splenda

L - 8 chili lime wings, 2 TBS LC bbq sauce, 3 cups salad greens w/almond accents, 2.5 TBS cesear parmasan dressing , 44 oz diet pepsi

S - handful pumpkin seeds

Gym - 45 minutes elliptical machine

S - 1 deviled egg

D - chicken club salad from JITB, used almond accents and light ranch dressing

Dessert - picked at DHs fruit bowl had a few peices of pineapple and 4 grapes then had 4 sliced strawberries w/whipped cream

Song - WTG!!! Update your siggy weight and take credit for your loss!!

Dawn - I can't do the 'snot' Last summer I got sick after eating a muffin with flax and have not been able to eat anything with it since. I tried adding to the 3 minute chocolate cake recipe and it made me gag.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 10:16

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Dawn

Congrats Song - you are doing great.

Great menu Ellie

Sorry I didn't get to write again yesterday - one of my hubby's grandsons (age 12) got very ill at school and his dad was out of town. I went and got him / kept him until his dad could get home. His temp was 103 F and I had a really hard time getting it down... was about to take the boy to an ER, but wasn't sure I could as I am not a blood relative.

My menu was a bit high in all macro-nutrients yesterday, but not awful. Hubby had a late meeting so I ate something I love, but never get to eat - hot wings. . Hubby also loves them, but it really bothers his tummy (GERD) and I don't have the heart to eat these in front of him.

Started watching my calorie per pound intake several weeks ago to try to drop 5 lbs or so for the hiking season - began at 177lbs. I made it - 172 lbs today !!!!! Calories per pound yesterday 2095 / 172 = 12.18 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5).

I won't be posting for a few days after today - we are going to hike the first 20 or so miles of the southern terminus Applalachian Trail beginning Sat morning. I will be back Tuesday.

Total calories: 2095
Fat: 133 gms 1201 cal 59%
Sat: 38 gms 339 cal 17%
Poly: 45 gms 406 cal 20%
Mono: 44 gms 394 cal 19%
Carbs: 49 gms 151 cal 7% ECC: 37 gms
Fiber: 12 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 174 gms 697 cal 34%

Breakfast:
4 egg-beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
3 medium chicken drumsticks - Oriental
1 cup stir-fried sugar snap peas
.5 cup stir-fried LC veggies

Dinner:
13 ozs of Hot wing {yummy}
1 cup spinach salad

About 150 oz water & 30 ozs coffee
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 10:45

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning everybody.

yesterday was good. i ate within range, and this morning down .5 lbs, that brings me to 202. one of these days i may actually get below the 202 in my signiture and stay there.
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1579
Fat: 82 742 49%
Sat: 27 244 16%
Poly: 14 123 8%
Mono: 29 262 17%
Carbs: 60 142 9%
Fiber: 24 0 0%
Protein: 155 619 41%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

dawn--wow athens sonds so much fun!!! wish i could go!!! how cool of an experience would that be!!! now tell me something, how can there be such a thing as zero carb ice cream??? i don't believe it!!!

orang-- have a great time on your hike, and please please becareful and avoid and misshaps!!!

ellie--about the flax in the 3-min breakfast choco cake thing, what do you use instead? isn't the recipe 2tbs almond meal and 2 tbs flax meal, plus other stuff.

songberrie-- HOLY COW 40 lbs in 12 days, that is 3.3lbs per day!!!! did you start with a huge drop and it leveled off or are you loosing pretty consistantly every day??

well, i better get to working. will check back in later.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 11:12

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

WTG Renee! You did mini goals and you got the scales a-movin!! Have fun hiking and fill us in on how it goes! Hope the grandson will be feeling better too!! SEE the bloaties DID go away!!

Michele, Good to hear that your starting to lose! And you always have a positive attitude!!

Dawn, the Athens trip sounds like a chance of a lifetime!! That will be a good goal reward to work and focus on!! Just remember us gals here and TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

Ellie, I like the flax hot mixes, but as far as doing it myself, I do not like the flax like that either! By the way, did you go out to eat for the lime wings/or do you have a recipe???

Song, TERRIFIC on your weight loss! Are you getting enough to eat? And are you taking supplements?? With that quick of a loss you need to make sure that you do! I notice (on the days that I forget to take mine) that I am more run-down, AND have a tendancy to want to eat even more that I already do!

My DH is coming back with the tractor so that means more sorting today! (it is great exercise since I am running the cows down on foot!)

HELLO to Wendy,Bawdy,Elaine,Robin,our mia YETTI,CarbG,Marnie,Unity,(whew we are getting quite a group!) Paris,Kat,And to every one else here!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

Last edited by Lissette : Fri, Mar-19-04 at 11:19.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 13:16

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Michele - LOL...I am always tweaking recipes I used 2 TBS of WPI (wheat protein isolate) instead of the flax in the 3 minute choc cake recipe. I have seen some other tweaks as well, all almond flour, atkins bake mix, protein powders, it is a pretty flexible recipe. Your numbers are looking good

Shelly - The wings come frozen by Tyson but they are very difficult to find. They are great and quick, you can nuke them or bake them. They do come out better baked in the oven.

Orang - Hope your grandbabies are feeling better Have fun on your hike but please be careful

Elaine - I had pizza while on my little escapade in Vegas Yep it was good.....but now just a fond memory I think freezing meals is a great idea and will really help after the surgery. Please be careful and take it easy.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 14:02

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Orang
thank you
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 14:42

BF:

[FONT=Arial]

Song, TERRIFIC on your weight loss! Are you getting enough to eat? And are you taking supplements?? With that quick of a loss you need to make sure that you do! I notice (on the days that I forget to take mine) that I am more run-down, AND have a tendancy to want to eat even more that I already do!
quote from Lissette

I started protein power on the 8th of this month, I weighed myself on the 11th and I was down 25 lbs, I weighed this morning, and I'm down 40. I'm taking potassium, but nothing else. I guess I better go get my book and read up on what else I should be taking. I feel really good though. I think I'm loosing it so fast because I'm so overweight. I don't think I put my right weight in my bio, I was kind of hesitant, but here goes -

On March 8, 2004 --340 lbs
On March 11, 2004 --315 lbs
On March 19, 2004 --300 lbs
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 14:49

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

#11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 18:24

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hello, all! Busy busy day today. I have a little retail therapy planned for tomorrow. Looking for a couple new tops and maybe a pair of casual stone-colored slacks (goes with everything).

Oh, and I'll be checking out the CAD thing at the bookstore. I'm still not convinced, but I know a bookstore that has EVERYTHING cheap. It's just that things don't seem to be working lately. I kind of like the idea of being very strict for breakfast and lunch (never had any trouble being strict there), and then loosening up a little at dinner. I don't plan on eating a lot of sugar or grains or anything, just maybe a little more meat and a second veggie or something. I don't know.

Karen and I have been PMing all day back and forth over the CAD thing. She's basically been PP from the start. I admire that. I'm just feeling restless. What I'm doing should be working. Even the whiskey/wine is allowed on PP, as long as you count it, which I do. I just think I need to shake things up a little.

But, no firm decisions yet. So no, Renee, I'm not a CAD yet! I'll get the book (if I find it) and read it, but I'll probably hold off a little. I haven't found anyone yet over on the CAD site who is about my height and weight and age that I could compare to. Please don't anyone take offense, but people who are very overweight tend to lose faster no matter what plan they're on. Just because it works for them doesn't mean it will work for me. I'm not that far from goal, actually. But, if it works for Wendy, who is a whole lot closer to goal than I am (though she is . . . do I have to say it? . . . 20 years younger than I am . . . GRRRRRRRR!), it might just work for me.

If I do it, I'll be watching that scale like a hawk and also watching how I feel. If I start gaining more than a pound or two, I'll drop it like a hot potato! (And you know how fast we low-carbers can drop a hot potato!)

Sorry for the long self-searching treatise there. Sometimes you just need to get out what you're thinking.

PS: Renee, I'm in on the trek to Joisey and then Canada! Still thinking about the entire Appalachian Trail this summer? I have yet to find where it is located in Maine.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 18:56

BF:

BawdyWench quote -

Please don't anyone take offense, but people who are very overweight tend to lose faster no matter what plan they're on.

Oh, you weren't offending me, but gosh, I've never lost this much weight this fast, but I've also never been this heavy.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 20:16
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Whew.. long day!

I did make an error about the klondike bar, it is 5 NET carbs, not zero, I turned the protein number into the sugar alc. number..etc...

Well, keep us posted Bawdy on the differences and any new things you learn if you get the book, ok?

Kudos to Michelle and Renee and Song for the weight loss!! You guys ROCK!