Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 15:58
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

For me veggies always helped keep me full and cals low. For some reason having a large salad was more filling then a hamburger that had twice the calories and fat. I think it's just psycological and the idea of having a larger meal.

I'm looking through my journal for when I started counting cals. I wish I had started the journal when I first started induction so I could have my menus from back then. I may have to see if I kept a list on the Atkins site.

It really helps to spread your meals out through the day. When I was having 5-6 meals I could keep them at around 200 cals each, and since I was eating often, I wouldn't get hungry.

Here is a very low cal day I had once. I wouldn't go this low, it was an accident I did this day.

Meal 1
Zucchini hashbrowns and egg
tea

Meal 2
Avacado roleld up in turkey breast

Meal 3
Large salad with chicken breast (* I didn't note it in journal, but I probably used extra lite olive oil for dressing)

Meal 4
Pork loin cooked in crockpot with Atkins maple syrup and dejon mustard
Cauliflower
Asperagus

Even with the large amounts of veggies I had, I was way low on carbs and cals. It is an example though of how you can eat alot of food while keeping cals and carbs low by including veggies.

Total: 1086
Fat: 83 745 70%
Sat: 38 346 32%
Poly: 5 49 5%
Mono: 32 289 27%
Carbs: 22 41 4%
Fiber: 11 0 0%
Protein: 70 280 26%

Here is a day that is closer to 1500, and even includes lasagne (lc of course)

Breakfast
2 eggs with crab, mayo and spinach

Meal 2
Large salad with chicken in spicy peanut sauce

Meal 3
Zucchini veal lasagne (yummmy!!!)

Meal 4
Left over pork tenderloin.

Ok the lasagne turned out amazing. That is definetly something I have to force myself to watch portion control on.

Recipe
Around 2.5 zucchini cut length wise. I used the slicer blade on my cheese grater
1/2 15oz container ricotta
1/2 package Lite tofu, firm
1 pound ground veal
1 cup Ragu lite
8oz Mozzarella

Basicaly I fried the zucchini slices. Then used the same pan to brown the meat. I mixed in the ragu with the meat.

In a seperate dish I blended the tofu and Riccota. I think I added some italian seasoning too.

Then I layered 1 layer zucchini (8x8 greased glass baking dish) followed by 1/2 meat mixture, then 1/2 riccotta. Then placed mozzarella slices on top. Then I added another layer of zucchini, the rest of the meat mixture, the rest of the riccota and another layer of mozzarella slices. I was worried that I needed another layer of "noodles" but it turned out fine. Then baked at 350 for 30 mins. I let it sit for at least 10 before cutting. It was a tad greasy thanks to the mozzarella, but the taste was great.

Per serving it had about 5 net carbs, mostly from the ragu, mozzarella and riccotta. protien 31g, calories 302

I wanted a second slice, but new I had better behave myself. Besides if it's like regular lasagne, they are always better the second day

Total: 1483
Fat: 105 946 65%
Sat: 56 500 34%
Poly: 11 99 7%
Mono: 28 249 17%
Carbs: 17 41 3%
Fiber: 7 0 0%
Protein: 117 468 32%
Sponsored Links